Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown, for Donating to support the site

Jump in Inflation

including Budgets
floyd3592
Lemon Pip

Re: Jump in Inflation

Postby floyd3592 » March 22nd, 2023, 7:21 pm

Adamski wrote:Brexit has to be a factor

Nonsense, its Global Warming. Or Trump. Yes that's it, it's Trump.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » March 22nd, 2023, 7:54 pm

floyd3592 wrote:
Adamski wrote:Brexit has to be a factor

Nonsense, its Global Warming. Or Trump. Yes that's it, it's Trump.

All that methane.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » March 22nd, 2023, 9:18 pm

Dod101 wrote:
CliffEdge wrote:The generation that experienced inflation in the seventies has largely died off or out to grass. The lessons learned unknown nowadays to the current generation of entrepreneurs and privileged board placeholders of today, and of course the evil union barons. So increase prices: increase profits - simple. Increase wages: increase standard of living - simple.
Twang

I wish you would write in plain English and would not refer to the generation that experienced inflation in the seventies as 'out to grass'. I did not experience the UK inflation of that benighted period but I am of that generation. I am quite serious; a bit of respect would do no harm.

Dod

I am of that generation. Very few of us are now in positions of control or power. We are not the decision makers. Yes we have the vote and can choose what we spend money on ie very little influence. To the younger generation the inflation of the seventies is ancient history.
In other words, it's in the same category as the fall of the Roman Empire or the Norman Conquest, WW2 etc.
Why did you not experience the inflation of the seventies, if you were alive and conscious at that time.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 22nd, 2023, 9:56 pm

CliffEdge wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
I wish you would write in plain English and would not refer to the generation that experienced inflation in the seventies as 'out to grass'. I did not experience the UK inflation of that benighted period but I am of that generation. I am quite serious; a bit of respect would do no harm.

Dod

I am of that generation. Very few of us are now in positions of control or power. We are not the decision makers. Yes we have the vote and can choose what we spend money on ie very little influence. To the younger generation the inflation of the seventies is ancient history.
In other words, it's in the same category as the fall of the Roman Empire or the Norman Conquest, WW2 etc.
Why did you not experience the inflation of the seventies, if you were alive and conscious at that time.

I was wise and fortunate enough to be living and working in Hong Kong from 1968 until 1992 and so missed all the high inflation, three day weeks and so on of the 1970s. We certainly had the problems of the oil shock and the stock market crash but recovered very quickly thereafter and when we did we never looked back.

Dod

Return to “The Economy”