Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

An idea

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
richfool
Lemon Quarter

An idea

Postby richfool » November 25th, 2016, 9:35 pm

I don't mean to be sour, but why not use just one topic/thread for the jokes, rather than starting a new topic for each one?!

Having to read them all separately one by one, tends to give me the pip ;) , as well as being a disincentive.

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Re: An idea

Postby jfgw » November 26th, 2016, 12:09 am

I don't mean to be sour, but why not use just one topic/thread for the jokes, rather than starting a new topic for each one?!

Having to read them all separately one by one, tends to give me the pip ;) , as well as being a disincentive.

Jokes often have fruitful replies and it is best to keep individual branches so that any discussions can be followed. It worked well for TMF.

Julian F. G. W.

Looking at the available smilies, why is there one lime among the lemons? :) ;) :mrgreen: :roll: :?:

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » November 26th, 2016, 11:22 am

A long time ago on the Fool I enquired whether posts could be sorted by length as well as chronologically, most recc'ed, etc. My enquiry was met with contemptuous silence :)

The reason I enquired was because I prefer short, very short even, jokes as they are the only ones I ever seem to manage to tell my friends in a half-decent manner (cf. shih tzu joke) .

Although I'm sure there are some downsides that I haven't considered I would welcome I think a subdivision for one-liners. I could imagine another for squiffy's long shaggy dog stories.

Regards,
Chris

OJ: You could have a subdivision for squiffy's fiver-yearly just-old-enough-to-be-morally-unthwackable repeats!

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » November 26th, 2016, 12:17 pm

jfgw wrote:

Jokes often have fruitful replies and it is best to keep individual branches so that any discussions can be followed. It worked well for TMF.

I suppose that on TMF you had the 'Next' button, which made it easier to go to the next joke. Here, you have to click 'backspace' to get back to the folder or open them all in separate windows.

As Joni Mitchell said in Big Yellow Lemon Fool Taxi. "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » November 26th, 2016, 1:56 pm

I suppose that on TMF you had the 'Next' button, which made it easier to go to the next joke. Here, you have to click 'backspace' to get back to the folder or open them all in separate windows.

I often opened TMF posts in separate tabs. I found it easier to hold the CTRL key down and click on all the unread ones to open them all in one go rather than keep clicking "next".

I use Firefox but I believe the same or similar works in other browsers.

Julian F. G. W.

squiffy2
2 Lemon pips

Postby squiffy2 » November 28th, 2016, 7:34 am

csearle wrote:A long time ago on the Fool I enquired whether posts could be sorted by length as well as chronologically, most recc'ed, etc. My enquiry was met with contemptuous silence :)

The reason I enquired was because I prefer short, very short even, jokes as they are the only ones I ever seem to manage to tell my friends in a half-decent manner (cf. shih tzu joke) .

Although I'm sure there are some downsides that I haven't considered I would welcome I think a subdivision for one-liners. I could imagine another for squiffy's long shaggy dog stories.

Regards,
Chris

OJ: You could have a subdivision for squiffy's fiver-yearly just-old-enough-to-be-morally-unthwackable repeats!

Hurumpf! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » December 1st, 2016, 5:29 pm

AndyPandy wrote:
jfgw wrote:

As Joni Mitchell said in Big Yellow Lemon Fool Taxi. "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

Hat doff to Stooz. A 'Previous' and a 'Next' topic button have appeared. If there was a 'Rec' button, it would get pressed.

Return to “Laughing Lemons”