Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Trade 1 part one - Sell Fenner

Honest reporting on shorter-term trading activity and ideas
PrincessB
Lemon Slice

Trade 1 part one - Sell Fenner

Postby PrincessB » November 15th, 2016, 11:20 am

As mentioned yesterday,

Sell 1,110 Fenner (FENR) for £2.338410.

Commission £11.75 (Selftrade/Equinity) ISA account.

Total consideration £2,583.89

I am still mulling a replacement and as I distrust this particular broker, I'm going to wait until the funds have hit my account before committing to the next.

Regards,

B.

PrincessB
Lemon Slice

Re: Trade 1 part one - Sell Fenner

Postby PrincessB » November 16th, 2016, 8:47 am

I would just like to point out (in order to save anyone else pointing it out) that having sold all of my Fenner yesterday, they are up by 8% this morning.

B.

Paultry
2 Lemon pips

Postby Paultry » November 16th, 2016, 1:39 pm

PaulyPilot had good word for it the other day.

Interestingly, a Fool article appeared lauding MGAM.

We are not alone.

PrincessB
Lemon Slice

Postby PrincessB » November 16th, 2016, 4:37 pm

Hi Paultry,

We are not alone.

Clearly not.

I'm not that niggled about Fenner, it could have gone in either direction - The valuation is racy and the dividend low.

I am more niggled with myself for not looking at their key dates first. Many of the more trade oriented investors keep an eye on key dates with a view towards creaming off a slice on the run up to results day. I take the opposite view. I'll have a look on a high traffic board such as ADVFN and give a small high five if the company specific area is silent - To me it means I've won, I've spotted something that has passed others by and by that token, I can fill my boots before the frenzy begins.

Interestingly, a Fool article appeared lauding MGAM.

I spotted that, they didn't mention the CEO though - My reason for preferring them over KCOM was one CEO aged 68 and the other aged 47. I would also note that MGAM are up almost 2% today.

Perhaps the fool might find KCOM worthy of mention tomorrow -They won't have that much to do apart from closing down the servers that run the boards.

KCOM don't look that awful either - Aged CEO aside, the first thing that strikes me is the debt level going down fast (I am sourcing these numbers from TD Waterhouse, so they could be wrong) they look more suitable for an HYP with the option to drop the entry criteria to £500 million than something I'd become excited by.

There is something about KCOM that tweaks my interest - As a general guess the combination of an aged CEO, very low debt and a decent yield (on forecasts of static earnings admittedly) makes me wonder whether they are up to something exciting?

Regards,

B.

Return to “Trading my way to a million”