Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Have you found the Poll option (this being a Poll that never ends)?

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure

Maybe
17%
Maybe not
19%
Darek has
9%
Widdy doesn't care
19%
Where is Captain Logic
17%
... and Bink! etc
19%

Total votes: 53

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 15th, 2017, 6:41 pm

... and you can vote for all, none or some and change your votes to your heart's content.

Interesting. One can "Bump" a Topic such that the earlier reply changes date and, also, brings the Topic to the top of the Forum.

Bink!

Instep
2 Lemon pips

Re: Have you found the Poll option (this being a Poll that never ends)?

Postby Instep » January 15th, 2017, 9:38 pm

PinkDalek wrote:... and you can vote for all, none or some and change your votes to your heart's content.

Interesting. One can "Bump" a Topic such that the earlier reply changes date and, also, brings the Topic to the top of the Forum.

Bink!

How did you do that?

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 16th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Instep wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:... and you can vote for all, none or some and change your votes to your heart's content.

Bink!

How did you do that?

That would be telling.

faq.php#f2r12

Instep
2 Lemon pips

Postby Instep » January 16th, 2017, 4:28 pm

:?:
PinkDalek wrote:
Instep wrote:

Bink!

How did you do that?

That would be telling.

faq.php#f2r12 wrote:How do I bump my topic?
By clicking the “Bump topic” link when you are viewing it, you can “bump” the topic to the top of the forum on the first page. However, if you do not see this, then topic bumping may be disabled or the time allowance between bumps has not yet been reached. It is also possible to bump the topic simply by replying to it, however, be sure to follow the board rules when doing so.

Yes. I found that.
So... Is it disabled in this forum, or am I just blind? :?:
I see that Breelander is at it too now. :) :)
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=660&start=20#p23504

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 16th, 2017, 4:38 pm

The relevant word is included within "How do I bump my topic?". ;)

Instep
2 Lemon pips

Postby Instep » January 16th, 2017, 4:49 pm

:oops:

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 3rd, 2017, 12:35 am

Instep wrote: :oops:

I wrote what follows on 16 January and now it has been re-dated as 3 February 2017. Can't really be sensible on investment type Topics.:

No need to be embarrassed, this is LoOTP after all. Not many would attempt to Reply To their own post. I did it by error on my mobile and spotted mention of the "Bump". I think someone else had done one elsewhere (not this Forum) but I didn't investigate further. I've also no idea if enabled on all boards, as I haven't bothered checking.

Should we expect mass "Bumps" around LMF to celebrate non-existent landmarks?

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » March 4th, 2017, 9:19 am

PinkDalek wrote:
Instep wrote: :oops:

I wrote what follows on 16 January and now it has been re-dated as 3 February 2017. Can't really be sensible on investment type Topics.:

No need to be embarrassed, this is LoOTP after all. Not many would attempt to Reply To their own post. I did it by error on my mobile and spotted mention of the "Bump". I think someone else had done one elsewhere (not this Forum) but I didn't investigate further. I've also no idea if enabled on all boards, as I haven't bothered checking.

Should we expect mass "Bumps" around LMF to celebrate non-existent landmarks?

It would be far more interesting if you could do it the other way around, and to reverse bump the date back. Then you could quite happily post portents of doom and wonder, reverse bump it and then claim to the Daily Short, that you were the World's most successful market forecaster, to gain a substantial following of lemmings and the like before predicting the amazing returns on offer from some little known stock, to help you obtain multi-bagger returns.

As it stands all you can do is make yourself look like a numpty stating the bleedin obvious, when you bump your forecast or warning to after the date it happened.

Say for example I were to predict the triple unlikely outcome of Leicester City winning the EPL, Britain voting for Brexit and Trump being elected President next year (2016)?

If that then really went on to happen (I can hear you all laughing with the pointy fingers of ridicule already) and the thread had then got bumped, it would make it look as though I was just some daft pillock statin' the bleedin' obvious rather than the crystal ball-seeing genius that I'd obviously turned out to have become.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 15th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Bink333 wrote:... As it stands all you can do is make yourself look like a numpty stating the bleedin obvious, when you bump your forecast or warning to after the date it happened. ...

I'm sure I've understood each and every word of your reply but not necessarily in the same order that you wrote them.

One thing that my not be obvious is the obvious ''bumped by" disappears when someone replies. Such that it wouldn't be obvious I'd bumped this Topic, if I'd not said so.

Which confirms the time-warp you mentioned, obviously, which is your obvious and valid observation.

Bink!

Last bumped by PinkDalek on March 15th, 2017, 7:49 pm.

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”