Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Paulypilot's pub

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
TheWildshot

Paulypilot's pub

Postby TheWildshot » November 11th, 2016, 8:01 am

I understand from Clariman that we were supposed to be using this board for the Paulypilot's Pub type posts. Has anyone else seen this? I liked following that board and would love the regular contributors to keep the conversation going.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Re: Paulypilot's pub

Postby jackdaww » November 11th, 2016, 8:32 am

TheWildshot wrote:I understand from Clariman that we were supposed to be using this board for the Paulypilot's Pub type posts. Has anyone else seen this? I liked following that board and would love the regular contributors to keep the conversation going.

=================

yes , this was a well followed board.

perhaps it could fit into the SHARES IDEAS board.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » November 11th, 2016, 2:22 pm

jackdaww wrote:
TheWildshot wrote:I understand from Clariman that we were supposed to be using this board for the Paulypilot's Pub type posts. Has anyone else seen this? I liked following that board and would love the regular contributors to keep the conversation going.

=================

yes , this was a well followed board.

perhaps it could fit into the SHARES IDEAS board.

I have to say I had the impression that the PPP share ideas board was somewhat past its peak on TMF. It may be cyclical of course and just that there are not that many ideas out there at the moment. Whilst I have never been to one myself I also recall hearing that the MELLO events run by David Stredder each month on a Monday had gone from almost filling a restaurant to comfortably fitting around a single table in the restaurant. I think there was a very significant overlap between the attendees of that event and those that frequented PPP share ideas. So personally I think it best that it is subsumed into a wider share ideas board unless it becomes resurgent.

Terry.

paulypilot

Postby paulypilot » November 16th, 2016, 12:51 am

Hi,

I've just found this site, so forgive my ignorance.
Is this about preserving the TMF archive, or some form or limited continuity?

Either is great, I think.

As with many other people, I'm immensely fond of our wonderful history with TMF discussion boards, and I hope as much as possible of the archive can be saved. Obviously entirely up to you how you do it.

Best wishes, Paul.

TheWildshot

Postby TheWildshot » November 18th, 2016, 8:42 am

Hi Paul,

I think the idea is to continue the discussions and sharing of ideas on these boards.

People like breelander seem quite active in archiving The Motley Fool posts for historic records.

will89
2 Lemon pips

Postby will89 » November 20th, 2016, 8:53 pm

I'm sure the likely issue with many relating to the Mello events mentioned above is simply location. As an example I would love to attend but London/Brighton etc are nowhere near! Internet forums are as good as we can get down in Somerset...

Return to “Investment Strategies”