Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

plastic solar cells that convert infrared rays in electricity

Scientific discovery and discussion
look
2 Lemon pips

plastic solar cells that convert infrared rays in electricity

Postby look » June 13th, 2023, 2:36 am

it's my opinion that governments should invest more money in the search for solar cells that can convert infrared rays in electricity because there would be a side effect, itwould diminish the temperature in summer.

it seems some advances have been made,. This article is not so clear like i desire, but is what i find.

when i read this, i ask: is that a big advance by the indians or are there some advertisment exagerations?

https://www.solarsquare.in/blog/infrare ... lar-cells/

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Re: plastic solar cells that convert infrared rays in electricity

Postby odysseus2000 » June 13th, 2023, 10:05 am

look wrote:it's my opinion that governments should invest more money in the search for solar cells that can convert infrared rays in electricity because there would be a side effect, itwould diminish the temperature in summer.

it seems some advances have been made,. This article is not so clear like i desire, but is what i find.

when i read this, i ask: is that a big advance by the indians or are there some advertisment exagerations?

https://www.solarsquare.in/blog/infrare ... lar-cells/

How much does it cost, how reliable is it, what is the expected service life,... a whole host of business questions that can either make or break a technology.

If this stuff is any good private enterprise will build it, if it isn't it will remain as yet another scientific result with no practical use.

Regards,

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Re: plastic solar cells that convert infrared rays in electricity

Postby DrFfybes » June 13th, 2023, 10:22 am

I agree it is worthwhile to look at, but not by the government. The Govt has already spent (and continues to spend) millions a year on FIT funding the early adopters of solar technology that kickstarted the interest and got the infrastructure for the industtry in place.

This would be a commercial venture, and I'm pretty sure all the big players are also looking to this route.

Paul

Return to “Science”