Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

5:2 Diet

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Re: 5:2 Diet

Postby Halicarnassus » April 11th, 2017, 12:01 pm

csearle wrote:Anyone else had any experience of this?

I tried it for a year. I have all the spreadsheets to prove it and am happy to post a graph or two!

Regards,
Chris

I have tried it and it works. I just can't stick to the bloody thing :oops:

Bread & Booze

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » April 11th, 2017, 12:21 pm

I tried it too and couldn't hack it. But, ... I can handle my own variation of it:-

Every day...

Breakfast - none, but cups of coffee all morning

Lunchtime - 200g raw tomato, then a low calorie home made substantial soup about 65 calories

Evening - Normal 3 course dinner - soup again, normal main course, fruit desert with low fat yogurt or ice cream

About 1000 calories in all.

Kept it up for 7 weeks. Lost 2lbs a week. Then I had a cold, stopped for 3 weeks, restarted again now to loose the remaining 6lbs.

If you can't do without breakfast make up your own variation of it. Get some exercise as well. An hour's bike ride enables you to eat chocolate or a treat.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 12th, 2017, 8:26 am

tea42 wrote:I tried it too and couldn't hack it. But, ... I can handle my own variation of it:-

Every day...

Breakfast - none, but cups of coffee all morning

Lunchtime - 200g raw tomato, then a low calorie home made substantial soup about 65 calories

Evening - Normal 3 course dinner - soup again, normal main course, fruit desert with low fat yogurt or ice cream

About 1000 calories in all.

Kept it up for 7 weeks. Lost 2lbs a week. Then I had a cold, stopped for 3 weeks, restarted again now to loose the remaining 6lbs.

If you can't do without breakfast make up your own variation of it. Get some exercise as well. An hour's bike ride enables you to eat chocolate or a treat.

Well done on the weight loss but this is just a regular calorie restriction diet and nothing to do with the 5:2 which involves an intermittent fasting period.

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » April 12th, 2017, 10:13 am

I understand that. As I said I couldn't hack 5 2 so I devised this alternative which I could, and furthermore I can keep it up continuously to achieve faster weight loss.

I am a type 2 diabetic and one of the benefits Mosley was claiming was that of a long virtual fast. This has been proven by Newcastle Uni to help with diabetes. With practically no calories at lunchtime I am getting 18 hours of fasting every day and squeezing all eating into 6 hours. This has returned my blood sugar to normal after just 7 weeks.

I think the 600 daily calorie limit on the 5:2 is pretty extreme and puts people off. It made me feel ill. That's why I mentioned an alternative that for me at least has proved highly effective.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 12th, 2017, 12:50 pm

tea42 wrote:I understand that. As I said I couldn't hack 5 2 so I devised this alternative which I could, and furthermore I can keep it up continuously to achieve faster weight loss.

I am a type 2 diabetic and one of the benefits Mosley was claiming was that of a long virtual fast. This has been proven by Newcastle Uni to help with diabetes. With practically no calories at lunchtime I am getting 18 hours of fasting every day and squeezing all eating into 6 hours. This has returned my blood sugar to normal after just 7 weeks.

I think the 600 daily calorie limit on the 5:2 is pretty extreme and puts people off. It made me feel ill. That's why I mentioned an alternative that for me at least has proved highly effective.

Fair enough.

John

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”