Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

BT Call Sign equivalent

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
IsleofWightPete
Lemon Pip

BT Call Sign equivalent

Postby IsleofWightPete » January 16th, 2017, 3:00 pm

I have a feature from BT (called Call Sign) on my home phone line that allows me to have a second number that rings to my normal phone, but with a long ring tone (riiiiing, rather than usual ring, ring,... ring, ring). This is handy to give out eg when I have an advertisement running in the local rag, and I want to know if it is a personal call from friends or family on my normal number (normal ring tone) or a reply to the ad in which I put the secondary number (so it generates the alternative ring tone).

Now that's all very well, but BT is expensive, and there are much better deals out there. But I can't see any mention of equivalent service to the Call Sign feature as i scout around alternative providers.

Does anyone know if any other providers offer this?

(Yes I know there are other alternatives, second lines, dedicated mobiles, blah blah, but this system works well, I am just enquiring if anyone else offers it)

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Re: BT Call Sign equivalent

Postby AJC5001 » January 16th, 2017, 11:02 pm

IsleofWightPete wrote:I have a feature from BT (called Call Sign) on my home phone line that allows me to have a second number that rings to my normal phone, but with a long ring tone (riiiiing, rather than usual ring, ring,... ring, ring). This is handy to give out eg when I have an advertisement running in the local rag, and I want to know if it is a personal call from friends or family on my normal number (normal ring tone) or a reply to the ad in which I put the secondary number (so it generates the alternative ring tone).

Now that's all very well, but BT is expensive, and there are much better deals out there. But I can't see any mention of equivalent service to the Call Sign feature as i scout around alternative providers.

Does anyone know if any other providers offer this?

(Yes I know there are other alternatives, second lines, dedicated mobiles, blah blah, but this system works well, I am just enquiring if anyone else offers it)

My Panasonic cordless phone allows me to 'Group' my contacts and allocate a different ringtone to each group. This would be the opposite of the way you currently operate (alternative ring tone is for friends or family) and would mean you had to use the same number for all calls, so may not be what you need.

Adrian

Return to “Does anyone know?”