Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Which TV food programme

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Which TV food programme

Postby oldapple » January 8th, 2017, 12:41 pm

I only saw part of a very interesting programme on the healthy diet and lifestyle of some Icelandic people/families, how unprocessed their food is, how one very fit 50 year old man who looked more like 30 could get straight out of a sauna and roll in snow ... but I don't know who the male presenter was, the channel it was on or the name of the programme. DAK what I was watching?

Many thanks for any help.

bionichamster
Lemon Slice

Re: Which TV food programme

Postby bionichamster » January 8th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Last week one of Rick Stein's "Long weekends" was a visit to Iceland, I only watched ten mins of it so and can't confirm if that was the programme but it's a possibility. Also, I remember watching a programme earlier in the year which I'm pretty sure was part of Channel 4's "Food Unwrapped" series (but might have been a 'special' edition outwith the series) which involved a visit to Iceland to look at diet (fermented shark, Skyr, that sort of thing...), again can't remember if I watched the whole thing but it sounds like a more likely possibility, often repeated on the other 4 channels such as more 4.

Try Googling "food unwrapped" and Iceland.

BH

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Re: Which TV food programme

Postby oldapple » January 8th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Thanks bionichamster, you were spot on with 'Food Unwrapped'. The presenter was Jimmy Doherty in what must have been a repeat about a week ago.

Return to “Does anyone know?”