Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Which TV food programme

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Which TV food programme

Postby oldapple » January 8th, 2017, 12:41 pm

I only saw part of a very interesting programme on the healthy diet and lifestyle of some Icelandic people/families, how unprocessed their food is, how one very fit 50 year old man who looked more like 30 could get straight out of a sauna and roll in snow ... but I don't know who the male presenter was, the channel it was on or the name of the programme. DAK what I was watching?

Many thanks for any help.

bionichamster
Lemon Slice

Re: Which TV food programme

Postby bionichamster » January 8th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Last week one of Rick Stein's "Long weekends" was a visit to Iceland, I only watched ten mins of it so and can't confirm if that was the programme but it's a possibility. Also, I remember watching a programme earlier in the year which I'm pretty sure was part of Channel 4's "Food Unwrapped" series (but might have been a 'special' edition outwith the series) which involved a visit to Iceland to look at diet (fermented shark, Skyr, that sort of thing...), again can't remember if I watched the whole thing but it sounds like a more likely possibility, often repeated on the other 4 channels such as more 4.

Try Googling "food unwrapped" and Iceland.

BH

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Re: Which TV food programme

Postby oldapple » January 8th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Thanks bionichamster, you were spot on with 'Food Unwrapped'. The presenter was Jimmy Doherty in what must have been a repeat about a week ago.

Return to “Does anyone know?”