Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

BT.A boosted by Morgan Stanley upgrade

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

BT.A boosted by Morgan Stanley upgrade

Postby idpickering » January 11th, 2017, 12:17 pm

BT Group got a lift on Wednesday as Morgan Stanley upgraded its stance on the stock to ‘overweight’ from ‘equalweight’ and bumped up the price target to 490p from 450p.

It noted the shares have underperformed the FTSE 100 by a disappointing 41 percentage points in the last 12 months, providing a good entry opportunity.

The bank pointed to three reasons why it expects a better share price performance this year: better operational news flow ahead, gilt yields coming off their lows - which is good for pensions - and a compelling valuation.

http://www.digitallook.com/news/broker- ... 37804.html

Shares up just under 3% on this.

I hold.

Edited by TJH to correct quote tabs, 1555, 11 Jan 16

digitaria
Lemon Pip

Re: BT.A boosted by Morgan Stanley upgrade

Postby digitaria » January 11th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Pity they didn't issue this recommendation when the share price was below 350p in December :? An even better entry opportunity.

BT is a utility and as such, I'd like a higher yield going in. I could buy Vodafone, for example, at a much superior yield.

Having said that, I'd consider BT at a somewhat lower price than currently, because of its market dominance.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 11th, 2017, 1:51 pm

digitaria wrote:Pity they didn't issue this recommendation when the share price was below 350p in December :? An even better entry opportunity.

BT is a utility and as such, I'd like a higher yield going in. I could buy Vodafone, for example, at a much superior yield.

Having said that, I'd consider BT at a somewhat lower price than currently, because of its market dominance.

They're another one of my recent top ups; Bought 24 Oct 16 @ 378p, and again on 22 Nov 16 @ 365p. They form 4% of my 24 share HYP. I do think of Vodafone as a different animal tbh.

Ian.

casapinos

Postby casapinos » January 12th, 2017, 3:16 pm

i bought a while ago , on the basis that:

the separation of Openreach was now unlikely,and
if building out an alternative national network was so easy and profitable someone would be doing it!
profits from the EE deal will start to flow,
the bond correction will ease the persistent concerns over the pension liability
and they (as a dominant player with an inert customer base) have significant pricing power

casa

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”