Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Fears of a 'massive' global property price fall ...

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
Calcaria

Fears of a 'massive' global property price fall ...

Postby Calcaria » January 2nd, 2017, 7:34 pm

THE TELEGRAPH

Fears of a 'massive' global property price fall amid 'dangerous' conditions and market slow-down
By Szu Ping Chan and Isabelle Fraser
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... onditions/

Property prices have climbed to dangerous levels in several advanced economies, raising the risk of massive price falls if markets overheat, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). ...

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Fears of a 'massive' global property price fall ...

Postby monabri » January 12th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Only when interest rates go up and unemployment starts to rise....sometime in the future without doubt but who knows when?

Nemo
Lemon Slice

Postby Nemo » January 14th, 2017, 10:15 am

Property prices have climbed to dangerous levels in several advanced economies, raising the risk of massive price falls if markets overheat, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). ...

It's just part of the global asset pricing bubble, resulting from pumping money into the economy. I sold quite a lot of equities in 2016 - OK I missed the recent price rises, but I'm more concerned about losing money at the moment.

When things change, as they always do, I can't see this asset bubble deflating slowly.

umeca74

Postby umeca74 » February 23rd, 2017, 9:33 am

everyone needs a roof over their heads, so as long as people multiply and houses remain the same, prices will go up. However in the UK, post brexit, if all these immigrants start going home, and less students/people come to work, the demand will go down, and so will the prices. London prices are crazy anyway, last time I checked the purchase cost was so high that any return (rent income) was very low as a percentage.

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”