These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on The Lemon Fool. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Site Owners' Responsibilities
- The LemonFool website and discussion forum is provided on an "as is" basis, with no warranty expressed or implied.
- Any views expressed herein remain the responsibility of the user posting the views. LemonFool takes no responsibility for the content posted by its members.
- While we offer no guarantees, it is our intent to continue to make the website freely available in the medium to long term. No guarantees of availability or performance are provided.
- LemonFool will have volunteer Administrators and Moderators who will do their best to maintain good order and a pleasant environment for all posters. They will enforce the site rules on a best-efforts basis.
Your Responsibilities as Users of the Site
- To make this a valued and successful discussion forum, LemonFool asks all users to be respectful, understanding and helpful to other posters
- It is forbidden to write defamatory remarks, whether about site users or others. Any potentially defamatory posts will be removed without warning
- Topics or posts which appear to incite or encourage an act that may be illegal, or advise in favour of a course of action which may be illegal, or any post which is in itself might be criminal or illegal, may be deleted without warning, and appropriate sanctions may be taken against posters of such material.
- Robust debate is allowed, but it must remain polite and respectful at all times. Stick to the facts and argue the points discussed, rather than criticise the poster.
- All posters are welcome irrespective of race, faith, nationality, disability, gender or sexual orientation. Any derogatory remarks regarding any groups, whether majority or minority, will be removed
- Swearing is actively discouraged. Automatic filtering of some swear words and manual removal of others may be done without discussion. Where users are asked to moderate their language, they are expected to comply.
- Please respect copyright holders and the applicable laws. You, as users, are the initial defence against copyright infringement so please be careful. Where LemonFool considers that the copyright of others may be infringed, posts may be edited or deleted without warning. In general, it is acceptable to quote a short extract from another source, under the "fair dealing" exception, provided due credit is given and a URL link to the originating site is provided (or citation if no URL is available). However, copying large sections of text from elsewhere is likely to infringe copyright. Some websites seek to allow no quoting of any text, and it is the user's responsibility to comply with copyright law. Please note that many images are also copyright material. For Gov.UK guidance on "fair dealing" exceptions please refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/exceptions-to-copyright . The LemonFool will not ordinarily enter into discussion over moderation decisions in this respect, and moderators are likely to err on the side of caution.
- All embedded images (including data and graphs) in posts must:-
Include an additional link (URL) to a web page where the original may be viewed in context, or (where the image is hosted on either a domain owned or controlled by the poster, or a hosting site account e.g. Imgur, Picasa, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) be followed by a statement that the poster owns (or is legally permitted to post) the content of the image. If this is later to be found to be incorrect, appropriate action will be taken by administrators. Images which do not comply with these requirements may be removed without warning.
- Each discussion board has its own focus for discussions. While the site owners are happy for things to shift slightly off-topic, please respect the fact that the regular users of that board may not wish it to diverge too far away from its stated intent. Once again, mutual understanding and respect is requested. LemonFool can always create a new board if there is significant demand.
- Posting of links to 3rd party sites is acceptable where it is entirely relevant to the discussion. However, any links promoting a 3rd party site are not allowed
- Links to gambling sites are prohibited
- Users are prohibited from posting SPAM posts
- Users are prohibited from impersonating a Board Moderator or Admin, and prohibited from using any Moderator-related board functions.
- Where a user identifies any post that contravenes the above rules, LemonFool kindly requests that you click on the "!" to report the post to the moderation team who will deal with it
Although LemonFool expects all users to adhere to the above rules, the following actions may be taken by the Site Owners, the Admins, or Moderators if the rules are not maintained:
- Posts may be deleted without warning or explanation (we will endeavour to explain but this may not always be possible). The decision of the Admins and Moderators is final.
- Posts may be queried or explanations requested by Admins or Moderators.
- Users who break the rules above may receive a formal warning. Continued transgression may lead to a 14 or 30 day suspension or to a complete ban. Where possible we will follow such a staged process, but we do reserve the right to immediately ban a user with no warning.
- If a discussion topic is getting out of hand or has a series of posts that contravene posting guidelines, it make be locked or completely removed.
- If an individual discussion board continually gets out of hand, then it may be removed from the site altogether
- Any SPAM or marketing posts will be immediately deleted without warning
- The site is run by unpaid volunteers. If the site as a whole gets out of order or too hot to handle, then the ultimate sanction is that the owners will close down the site. This would particularly be the case if users routinely posted defamatory remarks, or broke any laws e.g. copyright infringement or defamation.