Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

I notice someone has issues with billing and octopus with solar

Irritableproblems

I notice someone has issues with billing and octopus with solar

Postby Irritableproblems » January 10th, 2024, 6:29 pm

I cannot find the thread re octopus billing and solar..I have a big problem with excessive use in terms of kw and smart meters that are 7 years old I believe to be the problem but they are not licensed to change them they were fitted by sse and the smart meter they sent me doesn’t link anyone having same excessive billing in kWh usage with an 8kw solar battery and 13 panels recently installed?

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: I notice someone has issues with billing and octopus with solar

Postby Mike4 » January 10th, 2024, 6:33 pm

And .... ~ breathe ~ !

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » January 10th, 2024, 6:50 pm

But more seriously, welcome to TLF. Your post is pretty difficult to read being all one sentence, but I think it breaks down into the following points: Yes/no?

1) You believe you have excessive electricity consumption, but you don't say why or give any figures. Could you, please?

2) You have smart meters (presumably gas and electricity) which are seven years old and you hold these (it? The electricity one?) responsible.

3) Octopus won't agree to changing them as they were fitted by SSE.

4) Someone has sent you a smart meter which doesn't link/connect. Who sent it please? And how do you know it doesn't liink? Has it been installed? Is it gas or electricity?

5) You are asking if anyone else has the same problems, without really being specific about what the problems are, beyond what you see as high energy consumption.

6) You have an 8kWh solar battery and 13 solar panels. I'm wondering if these are not working.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » January 17th, 2024, 3:26 pm

And for further clarification:

what type of smart meter do you have? If it/they are 7 years old, I suspect they will be SMETS1 which cannot always be transferred to a new supplier and will "go dumb".

If you were "sent a smart meter" you are probably talking about the IHD - In Home Display - which just shows you some information from your meter and isn't actually part of the metering process in terms of sending data to the supplier. Is this what you meant please?

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Postby pochisoldi » January 17th, 2024, 4:18 pm

Another Turing Test failure.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » January 17th, 2024, 4:23 pm

Moderator Message:
Actually, if you want responses on your issue, please post your question in the appropriate part of this site. This board is for Welcome messages only and not for extended discussion on specific issues. If you need advice on where to post, feel free to ask that here though (chas49)

Return to “Welcome to the Lemon Fool (TLF)”