Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Dark mode /alternative colours

Constructive suggestions only please.
gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Re: Dark mode /alternative colours

Postby gryffron » January 2nd, 2022, 11:19 pm

Lootman wrote:I think the warning idea is great but it seems to only work patchily.
Meaning that sometimes I am notified prior to submitting that there is an intervening post, and sometimes I am not warned. I have not figured out or noticed why it works some times but not other other times. But I would prefer that it worked either 100% of the time or 0% of the time, rather than it be unpredictably hit and miss.

I think it only works once. You get ONE single notification EITHER when you submit or preview. So if you preview a dozen times, only one of them will show the intervening post. And of course you expect to have to submit after preview, so when previewing you’re even less likely to notice the warning of the intervening post.

Gryff

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Dark mode /alternative colours

Postby UncleEbenezer » January 3rd, 2022, 3:53 pm

Lootman wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:The only thing I find annoying is that the warning that other posts have been made since I started typing mine is only visible after I have submitted my post.

I think the warning idea is great but it seems to only work patchily.

Meaning that sometimes I am notified prior to submitting that there is an intervening post, and sometimes I am not warned. I have not figured out or noticed why it works some times but not other other times. But I would prefer that it worked either 100% of the time or 0% of the time, rather than it be unpredictably hit and miss.

The sometimes you are not warned is an illusion. The posts you weren't warned of were made before you started typing, and can be seen in the topic view below your composition window. In some cases they might (also) be older, but in the next page of posts if you didn't already check that.

The posts you are warned of are those that genuinely happened after you hit the button to reply.

Return to “Suggestions to Improve the Site”