Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Welcome to the green investment board

Green investment room for those with a green conscience or following environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles
fromdusktilldawn

Re: Welcome to the green investment board

Postby fromdusktilldawn » February 2nd, 2022, 9:20 pm

ESG, sustainability, ethical investment - it all reflects a growing interest across many industries. Individuals, companies and governments are all paying more attention to ESG factors when selecting products, suppliers and partners. It's a welcome development and great to have a dedicated board !

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Postby WickedLester » February 3rd, 2022, 11:56 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
stooz wrote:I would like to ask if the board comes under the term sustainable investing ? it might be a better/wider name for these discussions?

Isn't "sustainable" synonymous with "green" in the context of investing? Discuss!

Ironically my "startups" topic is about investments some of which will inevitably fail (if only I knew which ...). But I get the feeling of talking to myself there. So far we've had just a couple of us trying to start threads here, plus the odd sceptic trying to troll the green investing thesis but being too obvious for anyone to rise to it. I'm disappointed to see so little interest.

I've been reading your thread but the type of investment you are doing is just a bit too early stage for me. I often feel as though I am posting to myself on TLF and really struggle to get conversation going about the stocks I am interested in. I guess many of them are possibly too small for many here where there seems to be an older audience and more interest in funds and IT's and a lower tolerance of risk.

Anyway give the board a chance, I really believe the trend is our friend here and there are opportunities to invest in companies with a green angle without paying a massive premium for potential.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 13th, 2022, 8:47 pm

WickedLester wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:
stooz wrote:I would like to ask if the board comes under the term sustainable investing ? it might be a better/wider name for these discussions?

Isn't "sustainable" synonymous with "green" in the context of investing? Discuss!

Just to be clear, that wasn't meant to express a strong opinion. I like the current board title and would be reluctant to see it broadened to more nebulous "ESG", but would not be upset in the least if you prefer "sustainable".
Ironically my "startups" topic is about investments some of which will inevitably fail (if only I knew which ...). But I get the feeling of talking to myself there. So far we've had just a couple of us trying to start threads here, plus the odd sceptic trying to troll the green investing thesis but being too obvious for anyone to rise to it. I'm disappointed to see so little interest.

I've been reading your thread but the type of investment you are doing is just a bit too early stage for me.

Perhaps a slightly different viewpoint could apply there?

The investments I listed are all crowdfunding investments. In my case those range between £100 and £1000 initial investments in the companies. While some investors may be on the scale of a business angel with tens or even hundreds of thousands, all are welcome, even down to individual stakes as low as £10.

I have friends who might have a flutter on, for example, the horses. I don't do that, but I regard crowdfunding as, financially speaking, much the same thing. With the added bonus that where an investee is successful, I don't just win my bet, but I have the satisfaction of having done some good in supporting a company.

Return to “Green Investing”