Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Natwest problem

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
tractorian
2 Lemon pips

Natwest problem

Postby tractorian » October 13th, 2020, 10:57 am

I have a Natwest Curent Account and a Natwest Credit Card. Today, when I went online to check that I had set up an automatic payment I found that I was only paying the minimum amount - something I would never do. I cancelled the payment and went to set it up again. The program defaults to the minimum ammount, I changed that to pay off the total. The program defaults to a pay off date of today, I changed that to the 27th. I then 'okayed' this and up pops the screen for me to confirm. However, the amount shown had reverted to the minimum payable. I went back and changed from minimum to total and the same thing happened. Eventually, it allowed me to pay what I wanted, when I wanted.

I look after another person's account under Power of Attorney and the same thing had happened there, and the above proceedure was repeated.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me or my computer?

didds
Lemon Half

Re: Natwest problem

Postby didds » October 13th, 2020, 11:30 am

do you see the same thing on another PC (friend/family/) or a smartphone?

didds

tractorian
2 Lemon pips

Postby tractorian » October 13th, 2020, 12:36 pm

Not yet, but I will try later today.

tractorian
2 Lemon pips

Postby tractorian » October 22nd, 2020, 9:10 am

From Natwest this morning:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Request
My understanding of your query is regarding the difficulty you are having in paying for your credit
card.
What I have done
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and delay this matter has caused you.
Whilst I acknowledge that apologies do not make the situation right, I genuinely regret the
inconvenience that has been caused to you.
I have reviewed our records and would like to inform you that I contacted the technical team and
they have confirmed that this is a known issue our customers facing, and the fix is due in the month
of November.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tractorian
2 Lemon pips

Postby tractorian » October 22nd, 2020, 11:03 am

I forgot to ask, "How much should I bill them?"

In the old days, when I was a member of the profession (computing) I was charged out at £600 per day. Would that be unreasonable?

More seriously, many Natwest customers will find they've incurred interest charges as they haven't, as they thought, paid off their full balance.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 22nd, 2020, 2:37 pm

tractorian wrote:From Natwest this morning:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Request
My understanding of your query is regarding the difficulty you are having in paying for your credit
card.
What I have done
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and delay this matter has caused you.
Whilst I acknowledge that apologies do not make the situation right, I genuinely regret the
inconvenience that has been caused to you.
I have reviewed our records and would like to inform you that I contacted the technical team and
they have confirmed that this is a known issue our customers facing, and the fix is due in the month
of November.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that was a true copy&paste from a NatWest message I would also be remonstrating with them for their grammar and formatting as well.

Scott.

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”