Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

NS&I: Consolidated/Adviser accounts

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

NS&I: Consolidated/Adviser accounts

Postby yorkshirelad1 » November 5th, 2020, 10:24 am

I was having a wander round the redesigned NS&I website, and a periodic dig round all its corners, and noticed that NS&I have introduced an adviser service
https://www.nsandi-adviser.com/obtaining-client-information

NS&I wrote:Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to:
  • view your clients’ NS&I portfolios (you’ll need an indefinite Letter of Authority per client)
  • get a valuation of their fixed term investments and see maturity dates
  • see copies of your clients’ NS&I statements and other communications
  • look at your clients’ Premium Bonds prize history

I'm not about to try and masquerade as an adviser, but I've been thinking it would be good to have this sort of service for groups of individual investors. I think, like several posters on here, I keep an eye on family members' NS&I holdings. I have felt for a while that it would be great to have one login to see all the premium bond prizes and all the savings certificates, for a group of family members etc. NS&I have always stonewalled this sort of request, but at least the possibility exists for IFAs, so one never knows what might happen in future for individual (or family group thereof) investors.

langley59
Lemon Slice

Re: NS&I: Consolidated/Adviser accounts

Postby langley59 » November 5th, 2020, 11:26 am

yorkshirelad1 wrote:I was having a wander round the redesigned NS&I website, and a periodic dig round all its corners, and noticed that NS&I have introduced an adviser service
https://www.nsandi-adviser.com/obtaining-client-information

NS&I wrote:Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to:
  • view your clients’ NS&I portfolios (you’ll need an indefinite Letter of Authority per client)
  • get a valuation of their fixed term investments and see maturity dates
  • see copies of your clients’ NS&I statements and other communications
  • look at your clients’ Premium Bonds prize history

I'm not about to try and masquerade as an adviser, but I've been thinking it would be good to have this sort of service for groups of individual investors. I think, like several posters on here, I keep an eye on family members' NS&I holdings. I have felt for a while that it would be great to have one login to see all the premium bond prizes and all the savings certificates, for a group of family members etc. NS&I have always stonewalled this sort of request, but at least the possibility exists for IFAs, so one never knows what might happen in future for individual (or family group thereof) investors.

Agreed. Having the ability to do this for my wife's and kids's accounts at Hargreaves Lansdown is very useful (given that I make all the investment decisions and provide all the funds!).

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » November 5th, 2020, 11:42 am

langley59 wrote:Agreed. Having the ability to do this for my wife's and kids's accounts at Hargreaves Lansdown is very useful (given that I make all the investment decisions and provide all the funds!).

Yes, the ability to swtich between accounts from one login at HL (I use it for myself and my sister with our ISAs at HL) is very slick and shows what can be done...

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Postby mutantpoodle » November 6th, 2020, 8:07 am

qq
'm not about to try and masquerade as an adviser, but I've been thinking it would be good to have this sort of service for groups of individual investors. I think, like several posters on here, I keep an eye on family members' NS&I holdings. I have felt for a while that it would be great to have one login to see all the premium bond prizes and all the savings certificates, for a group of family members etc. NS&I have always stonewalled this sort of request, but at least the possibility exists for IFAs, so one never knows what might happen in future for individual (or family group thereof) investors.

indeed would be useful but even with such an agreement you would invariably find that whoever (eventually) answered the phone...they would not be able to find such authority

I have dione this with HMRC re family tax returns etc.....at least 3 out of 5 calls get...''no trace of letter'' the only solution is to wait 20 minutes and hope to get a different 'customer service' operative
(the wait of 20 minutes can be held listening to music and hearing how your call is important to them)

and I can assure you that NSandI are no better than HMRC at call centre assistance

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”