Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Cash ISA transfer: success story

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Cash ISA transfer: success story

Postby yorkshirelad1 » June 25th, 2021, 12:41 pm

I know there are still ongoing and constant problems with moving stocks and shares ISA, and significant delays in some cases.
However, just for a bit of balance, I would like to say that we put in a transfer request for SWMBO's cash ISA on Sunday afternoon, all electronic, no paper involved, and it completed by Wednesday afternoon: 3 working days.
No paper, no fuss, plenty of updates and text messages and e-mails. Apparently done as an electronic transfer.
From Halifax ISA to Shawbrook Bank ISA.

Additionally, the process of opening an account at Shawbrook and putting in the transfer request with Shawbrook was done as one process, all online, seamless, fairly quick, and no paper at all to sign. Very impressed (but then I've always been impressed with Shawbrook's admin: hope I'm not eating humble shortly).

As a first attempt at persuading SWMBO to move her ISA to a better rate, it was a joy that it went very smoothly. I'm sure they won't all be like that, but at least the first one shows that it can be problem-free.

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Cash ISA transfer: success story

Postby pje16 » June 25th, 2021, 12:47 pm

good to hear that
too often people post to whine, so thanks for taking the time to do the opposite :)

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”