Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Bank of Scotland Login FUBAR

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Bank of Scotland Login FUBAR

Postby ReformedCharacter » January 8th, 2022, 5:31 pm

I've just had a rather trying afternoon trying to login to my BoS accounts. The login page refused my attempts to login 4 times at which point I called the 'help' desk. They walked me through the 'change your details' section which was OK but when I attempted to press the 'Continue' button it simply didn't work. I retried several times and it still failed. I tried another browser, Firefox instead of my usual Chromium, that also failed to work. The call handler suggested it was a problem with my PC which I said was unlikely, I later tried with the browser on my Raspberry Pi and had the same problem. The call handler suggested that I tried the mobile 'phone app which was a no-go because my 'phone is too old. My wife returned from a visit to a friend and since we have a joint account she tried to login and had no problem BUT she logs in via the Halifax site. When she tried the BoS site that failed for her too. Unfortunately I now have to wait a week for a temporary access code which I find somewhat annoying, and the fact that I wasted 2 hours on the blower to BoS.

I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else is having a problem with the BoS login, the solution it seems is to go via the Halifax site instead. I suspect the BoS site is not rendering properly since I tried with 3 different browsers, all on Linux machines. Perhaps Windows Edge works.

RC

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Bank of Scotland Login FUBAR

Postby mc2fool » January 8th, 2022, 5:39 pm

No problem here. Logged in earlier this afternoon on my W10Pro desktop and just logged in on my W10Home laptop, both using the latest version of Firefox, 95.0.2, and in both cases logging in directly to the BoS website. Everything normal. Sorry...

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 8th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Totally normal for me on Windows 10 and Chrome. Also just tried on Linux Mint and Chrome and perfectly normal.

--kiloran
Edit.... also normal for my wife's account

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » January 8th, 2022, 6:44 pm

OK for me.
Opera and Windows 10. Also OK for my BsS sharedealing account

doolally

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » January 8th, 2022, 6:48 pm

kiloran wrote: Also just tried on Linux Mint and Chrome and perfectly normal.

--kiloran
Edit.... also normal for my wife's account

Well, it's a mystery to me :? Especially since I use Linux Mint too. My wife saw it fail too so I don't think I'm going madder. I logon to the BoS most days so it's not something I'm unfamiliar with.

RC

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”