Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Lloyds wouldn't transfer money to Santander.

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
Parky
Lemon Slice

Lloyds wouldn't transfer money to Santander.

Postby Parky » July 16th, 2022, 5:09 pm

I tried to make a transfer from LLoyds to Santander. Computer said "check account details" so I did, and entered payees exact account details and computer said "error" and did not make the payment. Anyone else experienced this? I did not bother to try to contact LLoyds as I will be seeing payee soon and will hand over cash.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: Lloyds wouldn't transfer money to Santander.

Postby tjh290633 » July 16th, 2022, 10:44 pm

I seem to remember a similar problem trying to make an FPO to a new recipient with a Santander account. However it might have been when I was trying to set up a new payee from a Barclays account, when their PinSentry invariably gave an allegedly incorrect code to confirm the payment. Fortunately the Barclays app works properly, or did when I last tried.

TJH

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » July 17th, 2022, 8:05 am

I have Lloyds and Santander accounts, transfers between them are fine.

But I have found banks vary with account checking - we paid a plumber and neither Lloyds nor Santander recognised his details on the account check, but with MrsF's HSBC account it went through fine using the same details which it recognised as 'a close match'.

Paul

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 17th, 2022, 11:33 am

DrFfybes wrote:I have Lloyds and Santander accounts, transfers between them are fine.

But I have found banks vary with account checking - we paid a plumber and neither Lloyds nor Santander recognised his details on the account check, but with MrsF's HSBC account it went through fine using the same details which it recognised as 'a close match'.

Paul

Since the account numbers and sort codes are pretty straightforward, I assume that this 'close match' refers to the name of the person.

I realised years ago how many versions of my name existed among my various accounts.

e.g. A.J. Smith, Alan J Smith, Alan John Smith, Alan Smith, all with or without 'Mr''. I guess that some security programs are stricter than others.

Last year, I used my italian credit card to buy something online and put in my UK billing address by mistake. I expected it to be declined. But it went through! Needless to say, I'm keeping a close eye on that bank!! 8-)

Steve

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”