Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Chase savings going up to 3%

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
Fluke
Lemon Slice

Chase savings going up to 3%

Postby Fluke » February 6th, 2023, 9:50 am

I have a current and savings account with Chase, they've emailed to say they are increasing the interest on the savings account to 3% AER from 13th Feb. That makes it one of the best easy access accounts around asfaics. It's still showing as 2.7% on the website and nothing yet listed on moneysavingexpert. There'll probably be a few more along in the next few weeks but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Chase savings going up to 3%

Postby mutantpoodle » February 7th, 2023, 8:10 am

they are pretty good
but you need to watch re whether or not the increase is automatic on yyour account or if you have to login and click a link for it

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » February 7th, 2023, 8:40 am

No the email says there's nothing you need to do.

zico
Lemon Quarter

Postby zico » February 27th, 2023, 6:16 pm

I just tried to open a Chase account, but it seems to want me to use my phone to run the account.
I don't want to put any financial-related app/info on my phone, so is there a way around this? I tried putting it onto my PC, but it only seems to want to load the app on my phone, and doesn't allow any other options.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 27th, 2023, 9:26 pm

zico wrote:I just tried to open a Chase account, but it seems to want me to use my phone to run the account.
I don't want to put any financial-related app/info on my phone, so is there a way around this? .

Id imagine not.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 27th, 2023, 9:30 pm

didds wrote:
zico wrote:I just tried to open a Chase account, but it seems to want me to use my phone to run the account.
I don't want to put any financial-related app/info on my phone, so is there a way around this? .

Id imagine not.

Yes, there seems to be a trend towards the highest paying savings accounts being online-only or even phone-only.

I attach value to having a branch I can physically go into and conduct business, so I accept lower rates as a result.

effsweet

Postby effsweet » March 1st, 2023, 10:47 am

I use the App.
I would much prefer to have choice of online or App from a current A/c provider.
I use an Apple mobile phone, & am as comfortable from a security point of view as I can be with it & the Chase App as I can be.
I never transact over anything other than my home WiFi.
I would not use an Android phone for access
My experience, in my 12th month now, is positive, their Call Centre is also very helpful in my experience.
I suggest you try the service, it should be easy to close the account(s) down with the App if you don’t like it.
Hope this helps, pm me if you wish.
Effsweet
Ps no charges if you use the Chase debit card to transact/ withdraw cash in Europe as I did last year. A bonus & clincher for me

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 31st, 2023, 8:48 am

Heads Up: I've recently had to replace my previous phone, from a samsung A20e to a samsung A13.

I was using the chase app on the old phone, but the new phone hasn't a compatible app it seems.

Ive spoken to support who confirm that despite trying to install from the google app store and having the updated (version 13) version of android, this means i cant access my account. Support did suggest I get a new phone!

So I'm now going through the process of extracting my funds form said chase app to close the account ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

didds

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”