Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Nationwide rebrand with new pigeon logo

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Re: Nationwide rebrand with new pigeon logo

Postby GrahamPlatt » October 20th, 2023, 6:52 am

swill453 wrote:
GrahamPlatt wrote:Trouble with that is that the sun’s already “behind” the house. But yes, I also see it 3D.

So it seems the logo is meant to be a rising sun behind a house. Doesn't explain how the light illuminates the front of the house.

https://www.designweek.co.uk/nationwide ... cial-arts/

Scott.

Colour-wise it seems to me to be a setting sun. Perhaps not what was intended!

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » October 20th, 2023, 9:58 am

from the link :-

He describes the archived fonts as “friendly yet grown up” So changed it! now its unfriendly and drawn by a kid.

The goal was to make the wordmark appear “modern but familiar” and “simultaneously bold and humble” to me its just wrong.

Despite this, he says testing revealed that most people see it as “a rising sun” So they have changed it from a tree. Nothing better than making something appear total different from what is should be.

Blue is a common colour across the financial services sector and Nationwide wanted to avoid the “sea of sameness” So they made it so different from Nat West not!

The blue and the red of the old identity was “showing its age the most”, according to Curran, as it was “too bright, too brash and too primary”. He notes that, with the new palette, Nationwide was conscious of not “cheapening the experience” but neither did it want to “give off signals of luxury”. So get rid of Blue and Red and use blue and red instead. Has it actually cheapened the experience and wasted money?

Kehoe describes the new bank cards as “stunningly simple and accessible”, as they use colour to signify which type of account the card relates to. Im not sure that works either we have x2 credit cards that we refer to as Gold and Blue credit cards even though the colours changed several decades ago. The gold one is currently silver and the blue one is currently a teal blue. Im looking forward to renaming them bakery orange, and charm pink. Hopefully she will get the pink one.

Kehoe describes the new bank cards as “stunningly simple and accessible” How will I know which card is which if we get the same colour as there is nowt on the front. :(

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Postby WickedLester » January 12th, 2024, 6:19 pm

Popped into my local Natwide this afternoon, desperate for some help with some hopefully temporary financial worries. I assumed that the Building Society that claims to be the biggest and most committed to the mutual ideal would have enough sense and decency to realise that if you'd run your account really very well for 18 months you were a customer worth keeping.

I really should have seen them earlier, instead I decided See You Next Tuesday.

I didn't lose 600 quid, you did.

Robert [Deletion]: customer number 2411657401

It never just reigns, it poors.
Moderator Message:
Full name shortened. - Chris

GeoffF100
Lemon Quarter

Postby GeoffF100 » January 13th, 2024, 3:20 pm

Nationwide either did not give you an overdraft, or you have already maxed it out. You could try Citizen's Advice. They may know of a less stringent lender. A Credit Union perhaps. Alternatively, perhaps they can give you some practical help. Referring you to a food bank perhaps.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » January 14th, 2024, 7:17 am

I'm struggling to understand what your issue is apart from ranting about the bank.

Can you clarify?

I take it its not about the crappy logo :D

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » March 9th, 2024, 6:33 pm

I want to rant about the rebranding now.

They have changed the look of the app.

I thought it was easy to read and simple to use. They have got rid of the clean lines and swapped it for a mix of font sizes.

They have tried to be clever by using colour codes for some payments but overall it's messy and the balance is too small. Both the font and the actual amount :lol:

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Postby 6Tricia » March 9th, 2024, 11:07 pm

The new layout is awful, why isn't Logout clearly indicated? I much preferred the old one!

Tricia

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”