Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Premium Bonds

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Premium Bonds

Postby swill453 » November 3rd, 2020, 10:03 am

Bouleversee wrote:So I went on to their new site and entered my holder number after clicking on the plrize checker sign. Nothing happened. It would appear that I have to sign on to my account to give bank details, although I was already having prize money paid into my acct. but it wasn't a totally automatic process, required some intervention from them and there were 441 people ahead of me in the queue. Blow that! I exited and will just wait and see what happens. Why they can't just transfer my details to their new website is beyond me. No wonder test and trace doesn't work and no wonder productivity is so low in this country when all this internet is so complicated. I wondered why you were up so early (or was it so late?) PD. Now I know.

I was using Edge b.t.w. I suppose I should nevertheless disable adblock but have more important things to deal with at the moment.

I normally use the app on my phone or tablet, which worked fine earlier this morning.

Just tried the prizechecker website using Chrome with AdBlock and entering my holder number - worked fine with no issues, no further information required.

Scott.

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » November 3rd, 2020, 10:05 am

Bouleversee wrote:So I went on to their new site and entered my holder number after clicking on the plrize checker sign. Nothing happened. It would appear that I have to sign on to my account to give bank details, although I was already having prize money paid into my acct. but it wasn't a totally automatic process, required some intervention from them and there were 441 people ahead of me in the queue. Blow that! I exited and will just wait and see what happens. Why they can't just transfer my details to their new website is beyond me. No wonder test and trace doesn't work and no wonder productivity is so low in this country when all this internet is so complicated. I wondered why you were up so early (or was it so late?) PD. Now I know.

I was using Edge b.t.w. I suppose I should nevertheless disable adblock but have more important things to deal with at the moment.

I didn't have to do any of that. All I was required to do was enter my holders number just like on the old site only to find I hadn't won a thing.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 3rd, 2020, 10:15 am

I think the website must have crashed. All that happens when I press "go" is that the page jumps up a bit. All their staff are busy at the moment so was told to try again later. Blow that as well! I really do object to being told to communicate via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram which I have never signef up to and don't intend to. TLF is quite enough social media for me!

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » November 3rd, 2020, 10:23 am

=====================================

i dont think the internet is to blame, the problem is with poor website design an implementation.

:(

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Postby Redmires » November 3rd, 2020, 10:26 am

It's not just Premium Bond checker. I've just tried to log on to access my other holdings and I was in a queue. It then told me that I could now proceed and took about 5 minutes to present the login screen. I entered my details and it's another wait ...... every time I press 'enter' for a new screen it's another 2 or 3 minute wait. I've given up for today. Have they put another Tory flunky in charge ?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 3rd, 2020, 10:28 am

Bouleversee wrote:
I think the website must have crashed. All that happens when I press "go" is that the page jumps up a bit.

Hi B,

That's what my Firefox session was doing initially, and disabling AdBlocker on that page fixed the problem for me.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » November 3rd, 2020, 10:40 am

Redmires wrote:It's not just Premium Bond checker. I've just tried to log on to access my other holdings and I was in a queue. It then told me that I could now proceed and took about 5 minutes to present the login screen. I entered my details and it's another wait ...... every time I press 'enter' for a new screen it's another 2 or 3 minute wait. I've given up for today. Have they put another Tory flunky in charge ?

How strange. Just got onto the site immediately.

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Postby Redmires » November 3rd, 2020, 10:54 am

Mike88 wrote:
Redmires wrote:It's not just Premium Bond checker. I've just tried to log on to access my other holdings and I was in a queue. It then told me that I could now proceed and took about 5 minutes to present the login screen. I entered my details and it's another wait ...... every time I press 'enter' for a new screen it's another 2 or 3 minute wait. I've given up for today. Have they put another Tory flunky in charge ?

Just tried again, with Firefox & chrome. Very strange indeed.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 3rd, 2020, 11:20 am

Redmires wrote:
Mike88 wrote:

Just tried again, with Firefox & chrome. Very strange indeed.

Yes, that's what I got. I think the standard of website design is generally rather poor.

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Postby Redmires » November 3rd, 2020, 11:42 am

Bouleversee wrote: Yes, that's what I got. I think the standard of website design is generally rather poor.

I dread to think what it will be like in 3 weeks time when everyone starts to close their accounts.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » November 3rd, 2020, 12:23 pm

Just to confirm that the new website needs adblocking turned off to successfully use the Prize Checker. I had no problem with delay.

When I logged on last night the 'new site' looked, internally, just like the old site.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » November 3rd, 2020, 12:29 pm

XFool wrote:Just to confirm that the new website needs adblocking turned off to successfully use the Prize Checker. I had no problem with delay.

Works fine with Chrome/AdBlock for me.

Scott.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 3rd, 2020, 12:51 pm

swill453 wrote:
XFool wrote:Just to confirm that the new website needs adblocking turned off to successfully use the Prize Checker. I had no problem with delay.

Scott.

Failed for me with Chrome + uBlock Origin ad-blocker. Disabled uBlock Origin for NS&I and I was £100 richer

--kiloran

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » November 3rd, 2020, 1:30 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
Redmires wrote:
Nice start from the new look website.

Just a quick heads-up if anyone has any issues with getting the 'Go' check-button to work on the new-look site - I'm using Windows 10 with Firefox browser, and I had to disable AdBlock for the site to get the checking process to work.

It seems to work fine with no issues when using Edge.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker works for me with Windows 10 + Firefox 82 + Adblock Plus 3.9.5.

I detest the new design of the prize winning page gift-wrapped boxes (or whatever it's meant to be) and having to do a second click (on 'See your prize details and next steps') to get the details and bond number.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » November 3rd, 2020, 1:47 pm

Simon Callow, Chance in a Million:
6 mins in...

https://youtu.be/5PUVXkub6LI

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » November 3rd, 2020, 2:04 pm

swill453 wrote:

Scott.

Same here with Chrome and AdBlocker switched on.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm

Mike88 wrote:
swill453 wrote:
XFool wrote:
Just to confirm that the new website needs adblocking turned off to successfully use the Prize Checker. I had no problem with delay.

Same here with Chrome and AdBlocker switched on.

After having an earlier issue with my Firefox / AdBlocker / Windows 10 set-up not working initially this morning, I've just updated all the filter-lists on my Firefox AdBlocker plug-in and everything is now working fine, so rather than anyone who's perhaps having issues turning off AdBlocker to get the 'Go' button working, I'll change my suggestion now to making sure the AdBlocker filter-lists are up-to-date...

yorkshirelad1 wrote:
I detest the new design of the prize winning page gift-wrapped boxes (or whatever it's meant to be) and having to do a second click (on 'See your prize details and next steps') to get the details and bond number.

Well I've got to say that I completely agree with you - there was nothing wrong with the earlier site design, and the current garishness is a complete abomination.

And that's my thoughts when I actually won something as well - if we don't get to see that garish 'gift-box' page when we've not won anything then it'll be the one small mercy I'll be thankful of, at least!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 3rd, 2020, 4:05 pm

There were letters in The Times yesterday and today complaining about the difficulty old people were having with registering on-line etc. and saying it should not be assumed that everyone has access to a computer. Even those of us who can use them if all is straightforward (I had no difficulty i registering with the previous website, providing my bank details or checking if I had won anything) are caught out when things go wrong. I think ads are blocked by U-block in my case but when I went onto settings I was confronted with a message about linking my devices which I didn't understand.
IAG's instructions about filter lists mean nothing to me either. I shall have to wait till my son visits to find out whether I have won anything this month. Am not holding my breath, however. Reading through the Love Money list of big prize winners which IIRC goes down to £5k prizes, I could see that I wasn't included in those.

What I'd like to know is why an adblocker should create any problems with using an official savings site. It didn't stop me using the previous one. I wonder which company was used to set this website up. I don't think they were up to the job.

I did enjoy the linked film, though :lol:

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » November 3rd, 2020, 4:11 pm

between me and mrs didds, 3 x £25 on 75K holdings...

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 3rd, 2020, 4:50 pm

I thought I would give it a try with Chrome and leaving the U-block on and it actually worked: I have won 4 x £25, best win I have had all year, making it £325 so far on £50k. I used to do better when I had all my bonds in one block but had to sell some of them at one point and added back later.

It really ought to work whatever the set up on your computer.

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”