Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to MrFahrenheit,SalvorHardin,Anonymous,johnhemming,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

OpenRent

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
Mike4
Lemon Slice

OpenRent

Postby Mike4 » July 2nd, 2020, 9:00 am

As my portfolio matures I find that one by one, each of the houses acquires a really long term tenant and 'tenant churn' halts. Consequently I'm using local letting agents for tenant-finding services less and less. The letting agent I used to use for a great tenant-finding service has got comfy and complacent and messed me about royally last time I had a tenant change, so I won't be using them again.

Another landlord I know recommended OpenRent.co.uk. Before using them I thought I'd ask on here if anyone uses them and has an experience or comments. They are an on-line tenant-finding service subscribing to Zoopla, Rightmove etc for marketing their properties and claim to be doing it different and better than high street letting agents, yadda yadda. But are they right? Are they doing it better? Has anyone here used them? What was your impression?

Many thanks.

James
2 Lemon pips

Re: OpenRent

Postby James » July 2nd, 2020, 10:18 am

I only have one property that I rent but I've used OpenRent for the last two tenancies there. In London at least it appears to be popular with people looking for flats and I got far more interest from it than the previous outlets I'd used. The process is very straight forward and everything can be done online smoothly. I'm happy to use it and would recommend it to others.

GSD82

Re: OpenRent

Postby GSD82 » July 28th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Hi,

I have used openrent for the last 6 years. It is more time consuming as you spend time showing potential tenants around. The benefit is without the expensive percentage deductions by estate agents you can offer a cheaper rent while taking more home.

The other advantage is that the contract and tenancy checks they do are very cheap and good quality.

I would advise asking potential tenants quite a few questions prior to viewings to help filter out those not suitable.

Gups

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”