Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Selling flat to a company

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Selling flat to a company

Postby Sunnypad » March 30th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I have a feeling this will generate some horror, but here goes!

background - father died, left 2 studio flats in mum's names, they are rented, in rough area which is nowhere near mum, me or my sister. I think he thought it would be up and coming eventually!

flats - paperwork not kept properly so awaiting confirmation but at least 1 flat is only 61 years left on lease.

We are now wondering if we should consider selling the properties to a company who buys this kind of thing - probate, short lease etc

we would give notice to the tenants and sell the flats empty.

My main query is the legitimacy of these businesses and whether or not they can pull out of purchases like any other buyer, or reduce the price like any other buyer.

TIA
Sunny

RossP

Re: Selling flat to a company

Postby RossP » April 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Hmmm, I don't quite understand your concern? Are you worried that because of the paperwork issues, you'll waste time negotiating a price with them only for them to renegotiate or pull out?

I should think they'll price that sort of risk into their offer to you but to be fair I've not had personal experience of those kinds of companies.

Have you thought about contacting letting agents located near the studio flats and explaining the situation - they may well be able to help or know of someone who would be interested.

I'll send you a private message with a few more thoughts.

RossP

Postby RossP » June 12th, 2019, 8:20 am

Hi Sunnypad,

I was just re reading your post and wondered what happened in the end? Did you sell the flats?

In my private messages, I can see the one I sent you in "Outbox" but I notice there is also a "Sent" folder which makes me wonder if maybe you never got my message?

Can anyone else tell me if I'm being daft? Have I missed a final 'Send' button somewhere?

Cheers,
RossP

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » June 12th, 2019, 9:07 am

It means one message has been opened and read, the other is sitting unopened and unread.
regards, dspp

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » June 12th, 2019, 10:36 am

RossP wrote:Hi Sunnypad,

I was just re reading your post and wondered what happened in the end? Did you sell the flats?

In my private messages, I can see the one I sent you in "Outbox" but I notice there is also a "Sent" folder which makes me wonder if maybe you never got my message?

Can anyone else tell me if I'm being daft? Have I missed a final 'Send' button somewhere?

Cheers,
RossP

If I'm interpreting things correctly, Sunnypad has not posted at all on Lemonfool since posting the message at the head of this thread, so perhaps, for whatever reason, he/she no longer visits the site.

I guess a mod might be able to tell when Sunnypad last logged in, though I realise they might not wish to share such information.

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”