Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Selling a 2 bed flat

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Selling a 2 bed flat

Postby Howyoudoin » August 22nd, 2019, 11:18 pm

Not sure if this the right board but i'm looking to sell my 2 bed flat in Collier Row RM5. The reason i'm looking to sell is that I've moved in with my wife, at her place.

My friends and family recommended Zoopla for valuing and selling my home. So . . . according to Zoopla, my 2 bed flat in RM5 is worth £250k. And my Wife's 1 bed flat in North Kensington W10 is worth £300k.

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Does it make any sense to those people here that are more intelligent than me? What should I do?

HYD

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Re: Selling a 2 bed flat

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » August 22nd, 2019, 11:31 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:Not sure if this the right board but i'm looking to sell my 2 bed flat in Collier Row RM5. The reason i'm looking to sell is that I've moved in with my wife, at her place.

My friends and family recommended Zoopla for valuing and selling my home. So . . . according to Zoopla, my 2 bed flat in RM5 is worth £250k. And my Wife's 1 bed flat in North Kensington W10 is worth £300k.

Does it make any sense to those people here that are more intelligent than me? What should I do?

HYD

Move to Yorkshire. You can get 4 bedrooms a double garage and a whopping great big garden for that kind of money. Sell both. Come to Yorkshire, get a cushy job at Morrisons stacking shelves and retire early. Great pubs, lots of sheep and the whole of the North Sea to go fishing in.

AiY

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » August 22nd, 2019, 11:37 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:Not sure if this the right board but i'm looking to sell my 2 bed flat in Collier Row RM5. The reason i'm looking to sell is that I've moved in with my wife, at her place.

HYD

Move to Yorkshire. You can get 4 bedrooms a double garage and a whopping great big garden for that kind of money. Sell both. Come to Yorkshire, get a cushy job at Morrisons stacking shelves and retire early. Great pubs, lots of sheep and the whole of the North Sea to go fishing in.

AiY

That's a great option when I retire dude.

But unless you can get a job for me paying at least £50k at the local McDonalds? I won't be able to make ends meet.

HYD

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » August 22nd, 2019, 11:42 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
AsleepInYorkshire wrote:

HYD

AiY

That's a great option when I retire dude.

But unless you can get a job for me paying at least £50k at the local McDonalds? I won't be able to make ends meet.

HYD

Bu99er - start saving - I have plans to move all you guys/gals into Yorkshire - East Yorkshire - the biggest cul-de-ac in Europe :roll:

I hope you get a more beneficial answer than my flippancy :roll:

But don't forget - you're getting old now :lol: My bad :shock:

AiY

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » August 23rd, 2019, 11:28 am

A bit like any estimate. Get at least 5, discard top and bottom, then take your pick of the 3 remaining.

TJH

richlist
Lemon Quarter

Postby richlist » August 24th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Why do you think it doesn't make sense ?

Clearly Kensington is more desirable & therefore more expensive than Collier Row.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » August 24th, 2019, 10:58 pm

richlist wrote:Why do you think it doesn't make sense ?

Clearly Kensington is more desirable & therefore more expensive than Collier Row.

Sorry, should have made it clearer for those who haven't been to Collier Row.

What I meant is that the price of my Flat in Collier Row has been overestimated and the price of my Wife's flat in Kensington has been underestimated.

HYD

Villa

Postby Villa » August 29th, 2019, 4:49 pm

I’m not more intelligent than you, but I live in West London.

Now, North Kensington (estate agent speak) is not Kensington as most people understand it and it’s not Notting Hill.
The nearest tube stations are perhaps Ladbroke Grove or even Queens Park.
But they are probably not that close to be counted as good transport links.
The flat is perhaps ex-Council?
It’s only 1 bedroom.
The remaining lease is perhaps under 80 years?

So for some of those reasons...?

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » August 29th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Villa wrote:I’m not more intelligent than you, but I live in West London.

Now, North Kensington (estate agent speak) is not Kensington as most people understand it and it’s not Notting Hill.
The nearest tube stations are perhaps Ladbroke Grove or even Queens Park.
But they are probably not that close to be counted as good transport links.
The flat is perhaps ex-Council?
It’s only 1 bedroom.
The remaining lease is perhaps under 80 years?

So for some of those reasons...?

Well we live in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, so you can split hairs if you want but we are definitely in North Kensington and definitely W10. The nearest tube station to me (4mins walk) is Westbourne Park and I can get to Kings Cross or Oxford Circus in approx 20 mins.

You were right about the ex-Council and Notting Hill bit, although we live in the main 'safety zone' for the Notting Hill Carnival and need residents permits if we want to leave the area and return during the Carnival.

HYD

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”