Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New build property investment in North

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: New build property investment in North

Postby Mike4 » May 3rd, 2021, 9:33 am

scrumpyjack wrote:It all really screams don't touch with a bargepole. Personally I think you would be far better advised to buy some Persimmon shares where the yield is not far short of 8% (but that is not investment advice!)

You just verbalised what I was thinking! Like they say about the gold rush, making picks and shovels made more reliable money than actually digging for gold.

So now the OP has been answered, may I drag the thread off at a tangent? How does one buy an individual share such as a house builder? I'm as naïve about this as the OP was about direct property investment. I have an ISA account with Vanguard with none of this year's ISA allowance used yet. Can I use that?

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » May 3rd, 2021, 9:38 am

Mike4 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:It all really screams don't touch with a bargepole. Personally I think you would be far better advised to buy some Persimmon shares where the yield is not far short of 8% (but that is not investment advice!)

You just verbalised what I was thinking! Like they say about the gold rush, making picks and shovels made more reliable money than actually digging for gold.

So now the OP has been answered, may I drag the thread off at a tangent? How does one buy an individual share such as a house builder? I'm as naïve about this as the OP was about direct property investment. I have an ISA account with Vanguard with none of this year's ISA allowance used yet. Can I use that?

I think Vanguard only let you buy their own ETFs etc. But you can open an account with any of the online brokers, open an ISA with them, pay in the cash and buy whatever shares you want. If you have already opened a 21/22 ISA since 6 April with Vanguard, you cannot, I think, open another ISA elsewhere in the same tax year.

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » May 3rd, 2021, 9:39 am

Mike4 wrote:

Can I suggest you start another thread please? I would be happy to offer numbers which may be of support. May I ask are you considering purchasing house builders or buy to rent stocks?

AiY

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”