Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Charge on a property CH1 assurance

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
staro30

Charge on a property CH1 assurance

Postby staro30 » September 13th, 2021, 10:12 am

Hi,
Is applying a charge on a property via a Land Registry CH1 form the best method to protect my loan on my elderly father's next house purchase? It will be a 100% cash purchase and be soley in his name. I already own a house. I don't want an income, just the % back I loaned when the house is sold be it a profit or not and I don't want to be burdenned by extra tax or for it to go into a pot to fund my elderly's father's care if that does have to happen.
Thanks
Staro

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Charge on a property CH1 assurance

Postby Clitheroekid » November 23rd, 2021, 9:33 pm

Sorry for the very late reply, I hardly ever visit this board, so it may well be that you've already done the deal.

But for the benefit of other readers then yes, registering a charge against the house will give you the protection you require, though it would probably be sensible to deal with it via a solicitor, as it will need to be registered at the Land Registry at the same time as the purchase, and arranging this independently of registering the purchase would be difficult.

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”