Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Buying fridges, and AO.com

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
Mike4
Lemon Half

Buying fridges, and AO.com

Postby Mike4 » September 16th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Just a word of warning to landlords here, fridges seem to be really hard to buy at the moment.

Having got close to finishing a kitchen refit in a small house of mine, I decided it was time to order the fridge freezer. I'v always used AO.com as their service has (until now) been exemplary.

Firstly, every fridge on their website I selected to order came up as "out of stock" when I actually tried to complete an order. Fair enough, maybe fridges are hard to get now. But I persisted and found one that would suit with my order accepted, but delivery was three weeks not the next day as they normally do. So I ordered it and waited the three weeks. On the day before delivery was booked they texted and emailed me saying the fridge was not available and cancelling my order for it. By email they offered me a different fridge they had in stock for next day delivery which would just about do, so I ordered that instead. Delivery today between 1.37pm and 5.37pm. It's now 6.15 and no fridge. They are not answering the "Customer Services" phone and nor is the driver whose number they (surprisingly) supplied. Their website "Track your Order" page is still telling me it will be delivered by 5.37pm today.

And... ~ breathe ~

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Buying fridges, and AO.com

Postby Mike4 » September 16th, 2022, 10:06 pm

Snorvey wrote:Chill.

I am very chilled now, having spent 5 hours waiting in a cold and empty house with nothing to do other than wait for AO to turn up and answer the phone telling people why I STILL can't go and fix their broken boilers, thanks!

Or, more likely thanks to this fine Chardonnay wot I am home drinking now...

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”