Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Bust energy suppliers

Making your money go further
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bust energy suppliers

Postby kiloran » December 12th, 2021, 11:43 pm

Fluke wrote:
kiloran wrote:More progress this morning. I got an email requesting another meter reading. Did that and got a note that I would get a bill within 2 days. I also noticed that my account now shows the tariffs for gas and electricity..... wasn't there a day or two ago

--kiloran

Ah, just logged on again and a credit has now been transferred over but only £48.89 of the £140.83 that was there. My account is now in debit more or less equal to the remaining untransferred credit :(

I think there is doubt about exactly when Eon took over the account. It looks like it was later than the date of Igloo going bust, so some of the cash in the Igloo account was used for energy supply until Eon took over. The first bill from Eon will enable me to calculate the apparent discrepancy.
i suspect that a final bill from Igloo will not be forthcoming.

--kiloran

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » December 13th, 2021, 12:04 pm

kiloran wrote:I think there is doubt about exactly when Eon took over the account. It looks like it was later than the date of Igloo going bust, so some of the cash in the Igloo account was used for energy supply until Eon took over. The first bill from Eon will enable me to calculate the apparent discrepancy.

Looking at an email received from E.ON in November, it says:
If your Igloo account was in credit on 2 October, we'll work with the administrators to try to transfer both your credit balance and any Direct Debit payments taken by Igloo during October and November to your E.ON Next account - so keep an eye out for that.

So they are making a distinction between the credit balance on 2 October, and subsequent Direct Debits.

Looking at my credit balance on Igloo, and subtracting the October and November Direct Debit payments, plus an estimate of what the bill on 2 October might be, I get a number not a million miles from the balance transferred into E.ON.

So if the DD payments eventually get transferred in, all should be good.

Scott.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 13th, 2021, 8:50 pm

swill453 wrote:
kiloran wrote:I think there is doubt about exactly when Eon took over the account. It looks like it was later than the date of Igloo going bust, so some of the cash in the Igloo account was used for energy supply until Eon took over. The first bill from Eon will enable me to calculate the apparent discrepancy.

Looking at an email received from E.ON in November, it says:
If your Igloo account was in credit on 2 October, we'll work with the administrators to try to transfer both your credit balance and any Direct Debit payments taken by Igloo during October and November to your E.ON Next account - so keep an eye out for that.

So they are making a distinction between the credit balance on 2 October, and subsequent Direct Debits.

Looking at my credit balance on Igloo, and subtracting the October and November Direct Debit payments, plus an estimate of what the bill on 2 October might be, I get a number not a million miles from the balance transferred into E.ON.

So if the DD payments eventually get transferred in, all should be good.

Scott.

I did some calculations today.
On 17Nov21, I got a credit balance in my Eon account. This is correct for the Igloo data I calculated for 02Oct21, which includes an Igloo direct debit on 01Oct21. So far, so good.
However, Igloo took another direct debit on 01Nov21 and this has not been transferred. The Igloo DD is now cancelled and Eon have taken their first DD.
The Eon site suggests that I won't get a bill until the Igloo balance has been transferred. I'm not sure if this applies to a partial transfer, or if they have not noticed the final DD.
Who cares, I still have electrons and BTUs flowing into my house :D

--kiloran

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » December 18th, 2021, 6:57 am

The money for the Direct Debits that Igloo took in October and November has now appeared in my E.ON Next account.

I think I'm now happy that I haven't lost anything in the move.

Scott.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 18th, 2021, 11:40 am

swill453 wrote:The money for the Direct Debits that Igloo took in October and November has now appeared in my E.ON Next account.

Scott.

Same here. I just got the final bill from Igloo, and the account credit has correctly transferred to Eon.

Just waiting for the first Eon bill

--kiloran

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 18th, 2021, 12:23 pm

I got moved to eon.next several months ago.

They've continued the existing direct debit I had with my ex-supplier. So far neither they nor I have attempted to reconcile the numbers. They just send estimated statements, and I play the wise monkey.

They recently wrote to me that my deal expires in a couple of months and they move me to their maximum tariff. So I guess that's a bit of a wake-up call to review things. :(

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » December 18th, 2021, 12:52 pm

kiloran wrote:
swill453 wrote:The money for the Direct Debits that Igloo took in October and November has now appeared in my E.ON Next account.

Scott.

Same here. I just got the final bill from Igloo, and the account credit has correctly transferred to Eon.

Just waiting for the first Eon bill

--kiloran

Yes me too, the credit went across then got immediately swallowed up with this months charges which look a lot higher than this time last year, I'll do a proper comparison when I get the bill.

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » December 18th, 2021, 4:44 pm

I'm an ex Utility Point customer, now with EDF since 18 September when UP went under.

I'm not impressed with their progress so far, though I realise some issues may be the responsibility of the UP.

EDF seem to be using their normal switching software to deal with SoLR transfers, as my account with them says the gas switch was complete 17 November, and as of yesterday, the electricity was showing as almost complete. However today it shows as complete, but again with a supply date of 17 November, despite them actually supplying us since UP went bust.

The other issue is the direct debit. They say that based on what I told them when I switched (!) they have set it at £45 per month. I was paying around £60 on average to UP and EDF are 70% more expensive so I've no idea where they got £45 from.

So far, 3 months after going under, UP have not produced a final bill, nor passed a closing reading to EDF. No idea how long it will take. But even once sorted, EDF apparently only review direct debits and issue bills every six months, so a pretty large debit balance will have accrued by the time they decide to look at it.

But better that than my having a large credit with them :)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 23rd, 2021, 5:20 pm

Got my first Eon bill yesterday. All looks correct and the transfer from Igloo is now complete

--kiloran

JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Postby JohnB » December 23rd, 2021, 5:53 pm

When EDF accepted me for gas, it was on monthly cash/cheque terms, in spite of having a 10 year quarterly DD for electricity with them. I can't face the call centre queues, so will wait for paper bills

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » December 24th, 2021, 4:00 pm

kiloran wrote:Got my first Eon bill yesterday. All looks correct and the transfer from Igloo is now complete

Ditto.

Scott.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » January 2nd, 2022, 6:18 pm

JohnB wrote:When EDF accepted me for gas, it was on monthly cash/cheque terms, in spite of having a 10 year quarterly DD for electricity with them. I can't face the call centre queues, so will wait for paper bills

My forced transfer to EDF when Zog went bust on the 2nd December has just completed today, and I was able to go through the EDF account I had previously registered and change my payment method there to DD from the monthly cash/cheque terms.

52% rise in the cost of gas for me with EDF rather than Zog, but then I guess that is why Zog went under.

steelman99
Lemon Pip

Postby steelman99 » January 13th, 2022, 9:41 am

For those of you who are having problems think yourself luck youve not been moved to Britiah Gas

I got moved from Neon Reef to British gas at end of November Had a £80 credit with Neon Reef , so when BG asked me to send a meter reading yesterday I did , as im moving from BG to EDF ( my gas is with EDF and wanted everything with one supplier overnight Ive been sent a bill by e-mail for £64 and apparently im on a pay on recipt of bill tarrif now . Phoned them up to ask what was happening as today is the day I move from BG to EDF, as i had an £80 credit with BG , so they owe me £15 .
Got told by someone whos english was not that good that I would have to pay the £65 and then claim the £80 from Neon Reef , they hadnt got clue about the S of LR and it was BG who owed me , not me owing them

I await their reminder fir the bill with interest , they can go as far as they want , but I dont think a company who owes me will get far chasing me for a bill

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » January 14th, 2022, 3:59 pm

steelman99 wrote:I await their reminder for the bill with interest, they can go as far as they want , but I don't think a company who owes me will get far chasing me for a bill

Maybe, but they could make a note on your credit report, so watch out.

V8

steelman99
Lemon Pip

Postby steelman99 » January 14th, 2022, 7:56 pm

88V8 wrote:Maybe, but they could make a note on your credit report, so watch out.

To make entrry on credit file they would need a county court jugement agaist me - Think they would look rather silly taking me to court to say they owed me £14.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » January 14th, 2022, 8:21 pm

steelman99 wrote:
88V8 wrote:Maybe, but they could make a note on your credit report, so watch out.

To make entrry on credit file they would need a county court jugement agaist me - Think they would look rather silly taking me to court to say they owed me £14.

I don't believe that's true. AIUI, mistakes routinely get recorded against your credit ratings, which is why the likes of Martin Lewis are always exhorting us to keep watch on it.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » January 15th, 2022, 10:06 am

steelman99 wrote:

If they send it off to a debt collection company, then even without a CCJ it will appear on your credit report - https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-expe ... it-report/

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 17th, 2022, 10:43 am

AF62 wrote:[
If they send it off to a debt collection company, then even without a CCJ it will appear on your credit report - https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-expe ... it-report/

wrt the OP and £14... I guess the crux here is whether they will actually go to court themselves for £14, or any debt collectors are going to be bothered with buying a £14 debt for collection.

??

didds

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » January 17th, 2022, 2:02 pm

didds wrote:
AF62 wrote:[

wrt the OP and £14... I guess the crux here is whether they will actually go to court themselves for £14, or any debt collectors are going to be bothered with buying a £14 debt for collection.

??

didds

But they might chase the £64 debt - and even a letter from them could end up on your credit report as a default.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”