Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Yorkshire Energy goes bust

Making your money go further
richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Yorkshire Energy goes bust

Postby richfool » September 18th, 2021, 10:07 am

This week, I at last received my refund of my overpayment due from YE via Scottish Power. (That dates back to last December.)

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » September 18th, 2021, 11:29 am

richfool wrote:This week, I at last received my refund of my overpayment due from YE via Scottish Power. (That dates back to last December.)

Do you know how credit transfers work?

I'm assuming from your post that when you were transferred to Scottish Power, (SoLR?) you started afresh with zero credit balance and had to wait for the previous credit to be refunded as a separate issue?

I'd assumed that the credit transferred and became your opening balance with the new company, but your experience suggests otherwise.

TIA

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » September 18th, 2021, 12:38 pm

staffordian wrote:
richfool wrote:This week, I at last received my refund of my overpayment due from YE via Scottish Power. (That dates back to last December.)

Do you know how credit transfers work?

I'm assuming from your post that when you were transferred to Scottish Power, (SoLR?) you started afresh with zero credit balance and had to wait for the previous credit to be refunded as a separate issue?

I'd assumed that the credit transferred and became your opening balance with the new company, but your experience suggests otherwise.

TIA

I had actually switched way from YE (to EOn) a couple of weeks before YE ceased trading. So it was just a credit balance remaining with YE that I was due a refund of. I eventually received that refund by cheque from Scottish Power, as SP had taken over the YE account.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”