Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Going over to Virgin for Broadband & SIM

Making your money go further
chris
Lemon Pip

Re: Going over to Virgin for Broadband & SIM

Postby chris » June 10th, 2022, 1:38 pm

Virgin on the other hand - I would not wish my worst enemy to have to deal with the shifty, useless, bunch of incompetents when their service doesn't work yet again.

100% agree plus I'm afraid that you cannot trust Virgin:

Their unlimited phone calls are not unlimited - over an hour and it is 10p plus VAT per minute. BT unlimited phone calls are unlimited. We found that our bills with Virgin were at least £10 more than standard per month. BT's are standard only.

I phoned up to cancel Virgin as I had already signed up with BT and wanted to keep my phone number. I clarified with them that it would be cancelled and that the phone would cancel when BT took over the number. They said that I had not cancelled and had signed up for an 18 month contract. I raised a complaint and told them to listen to the phone conversation. They refused the appeal and only when i asked them if this was their final word and that I would then take it to the ombudsman, did they say that I had cancelled the contract.

My mother in law was contacted out of the blue by Virgin who sold her a big bundle despite the fact that she did not understand what the person was talking about and did not have TV on their Virgin network but had a separate deal with Sky. She was 86 years old and basically was forced into taking this option. My brother in law spent an hour on the phone complaining and getting them to reduce the speed back down to 100mbs and cancelling the TV.

I would never go back to Virgin. I'm just glad that BT extended fibre into my area.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”