Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Broadband offer ending today for you to consider...

Making your money go further
NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Broadband offer ending today for you to consider...

Postby NomoneyNohoney » February 2nd, 2023, 8:57 am

We've had Sky services for many years. The services have been cut back as we've watched our finances, until the last remnant has been Sky broadband.
As a household, our entertainment has shifted to online stuff, coupled with things like WhatsApp/Messenger/Skype used over wifi to keep daily contact with far-flung family, plus online gaming etc.
We have fibre 'to the cabinet' which has been good for better speeds, but the cost has risen each year, and I'm fed up with doing a yearly ritual of, "I'm leaving - here's 30 days notice" ...."oh please don't go, let us offer you a cheaper package." This year the broadband alone was scheduled to rise to £35.00/month, which coincided with us coming out of contract with them.
MSE's email highlighted :

Virgin Media M125 fibre broadband + phone
New broadband customers only
Package summary
18 month contract
Weekend calls included
Average 132Mb Fibre Broadband

Fair Usage Policy
Truly unlimited broadband does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management, allowing you to download as much as you want, whenever you want, with your broadband speed acting as the only restricting factor

Telephone calls £0.24/minute, free at weekends (Frankly, too expensive to use in my opinion, but I mention it for completeness)

It's £23.95/mth for broadband & line rental, but you get automatic £100 bill credit from Virgin Media added to your account.

Factor that in and it's £331.10 over the 18mth contract, equivalent to £18.39/mth.

Virgin Media customer services aren't rated very highly, and I anticipate having to do a yearly dance with them instead of Sky regarding charges, but with a 100% increase in speed and a reduction of nearly 50% on costs, I can be a little forgiving of any customer service shortcomings.

Just as fyi, it was installed and set-up in under an hour, and torrents and downloads are noticeably faster than before.

All above fyi...

This particular deal ends 11.59pm Thu 2 Feb - TODAY!!!

Check availability here: https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/b ... -and-phone

Return to “Living Below Your Means”