Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Blink cameras

Making your money go further
swill453
Lemon Half

Blink cameras

Postby swill453 » October 11th, 2023, 10:21 am

I think a lot of the Amazon Prime offers aren't particularly good. But if you're after a set of 3 Blink outdoor cameras they're now at their lowest price, £96.99. You can add an indoor Blink mini camera for no additional charge, or a Blink video doorbell for £20.

Prime membership required, but you may be able to get it with a free trial, not sure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/all-new-blink- ... B08LJ3YLVY

Scott.

Sobraon
2 Lemon pips

Re: Blink cameras

Postby Sobraon » October 11th, 2023, 11:11 am

I have had these for a few years initially on the 'free' plan. No issues at all they just work and the batteries in the cameras under our usage probably have all lasted more than two years. I have 8 cameras ( 1 internal, 6 external + the doorbell)

I have two sync modules that connect with no issues to external cameras through walls & 25/26m away.

Our 'free' plan came to an end in Aug/Sept I think, and the 3 ladies in my household insisted I took out an annual plan so they could continue to monitor both the exterior cams and the internal cam. They use the internal camera to check up on pets at home (and talk to them via the cameras speakers).

We also have the doorbell which with a bit of a fiddle plays the video of the caller on the Alexa box in the kitchen as well as the Blink app. Via the app you can talk to callers and listen to them. Whilst on holiday this year I was able watch and speak to a delivery person and direct them where to leave a parcel on my phone while I was in Spain and check they had done so using another cam. I thought this was pretty cool - but perhaps I am showing my age!

IMO a very good product.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Blink cameras

Postby stevensfo » October 13th, 2023, 9:36 am

swill453 wrote:I think a lot of the Amazon Prime offers aren't particularly good. But if you're after a set of 3 Blink outdoor cameras they're now at their lowest price, £96.99. You can add an indoor Blink mini camera for no additional charge, or a Blink video doorbell for £20.

Prime membership required, but you may be able to get it with a free trial, not sure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/all-new-blink- ... B08LJ3YLVY

Scott.

Thanks for that. My only criticism is that they don't offer a white version, which would be harder to spot on the outside of our house.

At the moment, we only have one Imou 4MP/2K revolving security camera that can see the whole living room and front door. The first thing I did was to disguise it to look like one of the nearby ornaments. But outdoor cameras that use batteries would be perfect for outside.

Steve

Return to “Living Below Your Means”