Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Berkeley Group

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Horsey
Lemon Pip

Berkeley Group

Postby Horsey » January 22nd, 2020, 8:29 am

Still held by me, despite the "payout" being mostly buybacks over the recent past.

Now announcing an enhanced capital return program.

https://investegate.co.uk/berkeley-grp- ... 00025114A/

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Berkeley Group

Postby csearle » January 22nd, 2020, 6:30 pm

Horsey wrote:Still held by me, despite the "payout" being mostly buybacks over the recent past.

Now announcing an enhanced capital return program.

https://investegate.co.uk/berkeley-grp- ... 00025114A/
I did a fairly rare thing and sold all my Berkeley Group shares earlier today. They had grown to be a double holding. The reason was that I became fed up with the way their dividend kept being replaced by share buy backs. I want to allocate my dividend income to my favoured top-up candidate rather than have them decide for me. So as the price had jumped 6.5% on this news and I had a rare working day in front of my computer I decided to rid myself of this annoyance.

Now I am noodling around deciding which company (or companies) to top-up or buy.

Chris

Horsey
Lemon Pip

Re: Berkeley Group

Postby Horsey » January 23rd, 2020, 5:29 am

I top-sliced ~20% in November following a nice SP rise, and redeployed funds into topping up IMB. Currently my second largest holding by capital (around 2x median in a 36 share portfolio)....income rather small however!

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”