Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

IDP's HYP as of 27 Jan 2022.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: IDP's HYP as of 27 Jan 2022.

Postby moorfield » January 28th, 2022, 9:47 am

csearle wrote:I'm thinking of having the Sell button surgically removed from the web interface. C.

I have the next best thing - a compliance dept that requires me to report sells (and buys) in duplicate and gives me a narrow execution window. Largely because of this I h.b.a. to sell (or buy) anything since last July, and the cash is just piling up. It may be a blessing in disguise actually, like Ian I have jittered over some holdings but the feelings have passed once I remembered the hoops I have to jump through... I may treat myself to one top up later this year once divi announcement season starts in earnest and I get a clearer view of how my overall f/c income is looking.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 28th, 2022, 10:42 am

moorfield wrote:
csearle wrote:I'm thinking of having the Sell button surgically removed from the web interface. C.

I have the next best thing - a compliance dept that requires me to report sells (and buys) in duplicate and gives me a narrow execution window. Largely because of this I h.b.a. to sell (or buy) anything since last July, and the cash is just piling up. It may be a blessing in disguise actually, like Ian I have jittered over some holdings but the feelings have passed once I remembered the hoops I have to jump through... I may treat myself to one top up later this year once divi announcement season starts in earnest and I get a clearer view of how my overall f/c income is looking.

An interesting take on this moorfield, thank you. I intend to strive to resist temptation, but I'm only human. Going forward "less is more" is my new motto. I might even start a line of t-shirts :D

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 22nd, 2022, 12:30 pm

Afternoon all,

Coming back to this thread if I may, I made a small top up of my Persimmon holdings today, and as of now, PSN weigh in as being 2.7% in capital value terms, of my still, 28 share HYP. I can see me topping up my PSN holdings again in the future, to bring it nearer to the average capital value weight in my HYP.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”