Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Arb HYP sale - BT

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Arb HYP sale - BT

Postby Arborbridge » August 3rd, 2020, 10:11 am

Sadly - or otherwise - my BT holding sold in its entirety this morning as the price fell below the limit I had set for it. A few weeks ago, the SP seemed to be recovering, but it wasn't sustained, so here we are. BT was one of my first HYP holdings - actually, I held it well pre-HYP - so it's passing can't help but feel like a failure, though no one can say I wasn't patient. But hey!: HYP goes on.

I have enough for either a new holding of sub-median size (PHP perhaps?), a topup or retiring the funds to another portfolio type.

Pickering will continue for a few days, no doubt, and I will soon publish my top-up potentials for this month in a separate thread.

Arb.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Arb HYP sale - BT

Postby idpickering » August 3rd, 2020, 10:57 am

Arborbridge wrote:Sadly - or otherwise - my BT holding sold in its entirety this morning as the price fell below the limit I had set for it. A few weeks ago, the SP seemed to be recovering, but it wasn't sustained, so here we are. BT was one of my first HYP holdings - actually, I held it well pre-HYP - so it's passing can't help but feel like a failure, though no one can say I wasn't patient. But hey!: HYP goes on.

I have enough for either a new holding of sub-median size (PHP perhaps?), a topup or retiring the funds to another portfolio type.

Pickering will continue for a few days, no doubt, and I will soon publish my top-up potentials for this month in a separate thread.

Arb.

Oh well Arb, I wouldn’t mourn the sale of these for to long if I was you. Ok, it’s human to feel that you might’ve failed, but don’t beat yourself up. No one could’ve forseen what a dire investment they were, and still are imho.

Chin up, a deep breath, and move on. There are better shares out there. I look forward to seeing how you play this one.

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » August 3rd, 2020, 11:08 am

With its record and no dividend expected for at least two years, there is no need, I would have thought, for any regrets.

We are all though, struggling to find replacements and I sympathise with you in that regard.

Dod

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » August 3rd, 2020, 12:30 pm

Arborbridge wrote:BT holding sold in its entirety this morning as the price fell below the limit I had set for it.
BT a quid then?

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 3rd, 2020, 1:27 pm

kempiejon wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:BT holding sold in its entirety this morning as the price fell below the limit I had set for it.
BT a quid then?

:lol: :lol:

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » August 3rd, 2020, 3:03 pm

Despite generally a LTBH approach, I finally gave up on BT a couple of months ago, selling at 115p. At the same time, I sold BP and RDSB, though I confess those oil sales were for both investment and non-investment reasons. Currently the proceeds of those sales are still sitting in cash.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”