Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

SSE - SALE OF SSE'S STAKE IN WALNEY OFFSHORE WIND FARM (to Greencoat UK Wind) posted on Company News Board.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Re: SSE - SALE OF SSE'S STAKE IN WALNEY OFFSHORE WIND FARM (to Greencoat UK Wind) posted on Company News Board.

Postby funduffer » September 4th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Seriously tempted, perhaps with a small stake to compliment SSE.

Can we talk about UKW on this board?

Is it a regular IT or a REIT?

It is listed on AIC, so I assume it is an IT and not for this board?

FD

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: SSE - SALE OF SSE'S STAKE IN WALNEY OFFSHORE WIND FARM (to Greencoat UK Wind) posted on Company News Board.

Postby Dod101 » September 4th, 2020, 4:43 pm

funduffer wrote:Seriously tempted, perhaps with a small stake to compliment SSE.

FD

As was established earlier in this thread, UKW is a regular IT. But it is a trick pony, solely investing in windfarms, onshore and off shore. Will say no more as now off topic I guess.

Dod

Moderator Message:
What was established earlier in this thread is that UKW is NOT a "regular IT", in the sense that it does NOT invest in quoted equities. It is an infrastructure investment company/ trust, and quite permissible within the HYP-P guidelines. -- MDW1954

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » September 23rd, 2020, 8:15 am

Dod101 wrote:
funduffer wrote:Seriously tempted, perhaps with a small stake to compliment SSE.

As was established earlier in this thread, UKW is a regular IT. But it is a trick pony, solely investing in windfarms, onshore and off shore. Will say no more as now off topic I guess.

No need to guess, because the board guidance is clear about which investment trusts are prohibited: shares discussed on this board should "Not be shares in investment companies or investment trusts which are largely invested in quoted equities." Since windfarms are not quoted equities, that prohibition doesn't apply to UKW (Greencoat UK Wind plc). I don't think any other prohibition in the guidance applies either, so AFAIAA discussion of UKW is fine here.

Edit: But I'd suggest putting any discussion of UKW in a new thread, not this one, both because it's rather off-topic for this thread and to make it more likely that those interested in the company will actually realise that such discussion is happening!

Gengulphus

Moderator Message:
I have changed the thread title to make the connection to Greencoat UK Wind more explicit. Discussion of UKW is therefore on-topic. --MDW1954

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » September 23rd, 2020, 9:28 am

Quite.

Dod

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » September 23rd, 2020, 1:09 pm

I agree too.

There is a fantastic thread on Investment Strategies Board on renewable energy infrastructure funds (of which UKW is one) if anyone is interested:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17343

FD

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”