Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Infrastructure Funds

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
miner1000
2 Lemon pips

Infrastructure Funds

Postby miner1000 » September 30th, 2020, 10:53 am

I believe Dod has raised an interesting investment idea on the "where are the Ideas?" thread.

He has recently bought 3iIN and mention has also been made of HICL, which Dod does not seem to favour for reasons which seem to relate to PPP.

However, I have held HICL for quite a few years now and it has been one of my most stable investments during the recent turmoil.

Infrastructure could offer a very safe haven and a decent yield as we move through Covid, Brexit and beyond, The Government is committed to a massive amount of infrastructure spending before the end of this Parliament and I see no reason why HICL and others will not benefit from this. HICL pays a healthy dividend, above 4% and has the right payment history and pedigree. It is a top 5 holding for just about all the major tracker funds and conservative large portfolios. HS2 and possibly nuclear must be a major going forward, and I can see the likes of well run contracting companies such as Balfour Beatty doing very well once the financial taps are turned on fully. So more investment in infrastructure funds and the companies that will deliver the infrastructure, would seem to be a possible area for further research, once those companies (such as BBY) return to the dividend fold. Lots of dogs out there of course, so DYOR, but this could be an area to park some cash if it is surplus to requirement and looking for a home.

Miner

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Re: Infrastructure Funds

Postby funduffer » September 30th, 2020, 11:31 am

I has my fingers burned with Carillion, so I think I would favour the likes of 3IN or HICL, rather than the actual construction companies like Balfour Beatty.

Otherwise, I agree with the sentiment, infrastructure looks like a big thing for the next few years.

FD

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”