Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Recommended Cash Offer for RSA Insurance Group Plc

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Recommended Cash Offer for RSA Insurance Group Plc

Postby Breelander » June 3rd, 2021, 7:01 pm

Now the deal is done, and having sufficient cash available in my float ahead of receiving the payment, I have replaced my HYP's RSA holding.

At Christmas I was toying with the idea of a straight replacement by topping up my Aviva with the proceeds...

Breelander wrote:So my RSA will shortly depart, succumbing to Market Trading (as pyad calls it). It was a founder member of my HYP, first bought in 2001 and topped up in 2002. At the offer price I'll be getting back what I paid for it. But that's only half the story, while I've held it about 72% of the purchase price has already returned as dividends. Not too bad a run over all, if a little intermittent in places.

For me the question of what to do with the proceeds is fairly straight forward. Taken together Aviva and RSA made up slightly more than a full holding in the insurance sector. Aviva would seem the obvious choice to top up with the cash from RSA.

...but in the end, taking into account my HYPTUSS rankings, I split the top-ups between Vodafone and Aviva. One benefit of all this was a sort of 'bed-and-ISA', part of my RSA holding was certificated, but the top-ups were all inside the ISA.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”