Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

NEXT PLC-Results for the Year Ending January 2021 posted on Company News Board.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

NEXT PLC-Results for the Year Ending January 2021 posted on Company News Board.

Postby idpickering » April 1st, 2021, 7:15 am

Here; viewtopic.php?p=400731#p400731

I'm guessing some HYPers hold Next, so this bit of the item is relevant here;

ORDINARY DIVIDENDS AND SHARE BUYBACKS

In April last year we advised our shareholders that we would suspend all shareholder distributions until we had a better understanding of how the pandemic would impact the finances of the Group. Prior to that announcement, in early February 2020, we had bought back 279,639 shares for £19m.

The finances of the business have been very resilient and the Group's balance sheet is stronger now than at the start of the pandemic. However, there is still much uncertainty in the Retail sector and the wider UK economy. Rather than proposing a dividend at this time, the directors consider it sensible to wait and see how the business performs once the current lockdown comes to an end and COVID restrictions are lifted. In the long term we remain committed to paying dividends and returning surplus cash to our shareholders.

Next have never appealed to me as a HYP share, despite my Wife's suggestion of buying them. She supports them enough with all her purchases from them as it is! :D

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”