Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Pearson 2021 Q1 Trading Update posted on Company News Board.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Pearson 2021 Q1 Trading Update posted on Company News Board.

Postby idpickering » April 26th, 2021, 7:11 am

Here; viewtopic.php?p=406938#p406938

I know that some who frequent this board hold PSON in their HYPs, so this may be of interest to them.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Pearson 2021 Q1 Trading Update posted on Company News Board.

Postby kempiejon » April 26th, 2021, 11:45 am

Cheers Ian, PSON has been in the recovery ward for years and not really been helping wityh my desire for a growing income having cut in 2017 from 52p to 17p just 2 or 3 years after my buy - but they did maintain during the lockdowns and pandemic.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 26th, 2021, 12:24 pm

kempiejon wrote:Cheers Ian, PSON has been in the recovery ward for years and not really been helping wityh my desire for a growing income having cut in 2017 from 52p to 17p just 2 or 3 years after my buy - but they did maintain during the lockdowns and pandemic.

You're welcome. I admit that I sold out of PSON some time ago. I never had much faith in them tbh, and came to the conclusion that buying them in the first place was an example of diworsification in action by me. I never been tempted to buy back into them since. Good luck with your holdings though.

Ian.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » April 26th, 2021, 3:21 pm

idpickering wrote:
kempiejon wrote:Cheers Ian, PSON has been in the recovery ward for years and not really been helping wityh my desire for a growing income having cut in 2017 from 52p to 17p just 2 or 3 years after my buy - but they did maintain during the lockdowns and pandemic.

You're welcome. I admit that I sold out of PSON some time ago. I never had much faith in them tbh, and came to the conclusion that buying them in the first place was an example of diworsification in action by me. I never been tempted to buy back into them since. Good luck with your holdings though.

Ian.

Pearson was quite a sad story, I feel. For many years it was an excellent company, a stalwart and fully deserving of attention. Ironically, the main objection to it as a HYP company seemed to be from Luni who always labelled the management as "parsimonious" for keeping the dividends relatively low and the cover quite high (around 3x eps). I always saw that as a virtue, as did Nick train - an investor attracted to solid companies with wide "moats".
But then it came off the rails and started selling off what had been all the good bits, trying to change into something else and it was probably not until after that that one might say they inspired little faith. Until then, I don't see how one could have said that.

I was intending to sell at 1000p a share, and it was one of my "should have" decisions - I put it off until too late and am now looking for recovery, which has certainly been happening.

Arb.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”