Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

May 2021 Dividend Payment and Ex-Dividend Dates

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

May 2021 Dividend Payment and Ex-Dividend Dates

Postby Itsallaguess » April 29th, 2021, 6:00 am

Here's a list of May 2021 dividend payments and also below it a list of ex-dividend dates that we can expect for next month.

Dividend payments first -

And these are the ex-dividend companies for May -

Apologies for any omissions in the above data. I've compared the original list to the EPIC's listed on the HYPTUSS data-sheet, so hopefully there shouldn't be too may issues.

The above data has been compiled from the really useful 'Dividend Data' website (https://tinyurl.com/ybvcatga / https://tinyurl.com/y6wun8yj)

The previous list for April 2021 can be found here - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28672

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: May 2021 Dividend Payment and Ex-Dividend Dates

Postby Dod101 » April 29th, 2021, 6:55 am

Thanks IAAG. Lots of dividends finally coming through in May. I have always got a very thin start to the year but May/June provides an avalanche, and of course April has been helped by HSBC today.

Dod

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » April 29th, 2021, 9:41 am

Thanks again for this.
Really appreciate the work you do on here (along with a few others I might add!) Saves me a lot of work.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 30th, 2021, 10:14 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Lots of dividends finally coming through in May.

I have always got a very thin start to the year but May/June provides an avalanche...

Thanks Dod - and like you, May and June are normally bumper months for me too, and having just taken a more detailed look at my expected dividends for May, I've been given the very pleasant surprise to see that in total they are going to almost match my monthly income from my working wage, which in all honesty has come as a bit of a shock to me, in the nicest possible way of course...

I won't ever profess to be a particularly good investor in the technical sense, but what I do know I'm good at is simply plugging away over the years, regularly investing some fresh saved-capital from my working wage, and re-investing rolled-up dividends once it's economical to do so, and then sitting back and simply letting the power of time and compounding do all the really heavy lifting...

It's a simple plan that's worked well for me over the years, and these little milestones really do make it all worthwhile....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 1st, 2021, 9:46 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
Thanks Dod - and like you, May and June are normally bumper months for me too, and having just taken a more detailed look at my expected dividends for May, I've been given the very pleasant surprise to see that in total they are going to almost match my monthly income from my working wage, which in all honesty has come as a bit of a shock to me, in the nicest possible way of course...

I won't ever profess to be a particularly good investor in the technical sense, but what I do know I'm good at is simply plugging away over the years, regularly investing some fresh saved-capital from my working wage, and re-investing rolled-up dividends once it's economical to do so, and then sitting back and simply letting the power of time and compounding do all the really heavy lifting...

It's a simple plan that's worked well for me over the years, and these little milestones really do make it all worthwhile....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess,
Ah those little milestones. I used to measure my dividend income in the bills it could pay. It soon became enough cover my car tax, insurance, TV licence, council tax etc, like you I keep plugging away and eventually the annual crop would pay most of my basic fixed costs. I'm still working and record my dividend income as a percentage of my employment income. Back in 2019 I had 2 months that equalled or exceeded my monthly takes home with a couple of months knocking on the door of that sum. I had hoped my 2020 dividend income might have equalled employed income removing the necessity for that employment - it didn't.
I'm plugging away, making regular additions and rolling up dividends, in the last year buying 3i, Rio Tinto, Telecom Plus, Direct Line and Hypgnois. Last year was a shock, re-emphasising the need of the cash buffer, my forecast income is looking much better.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 1st, 2021, 10:24 am

kempiejon wrote:
Back in 2019 I had 2 months that equalled or exceeded my monthly takes home with a couple of months knocking on the door of that sum.

I had hoped my 2020 dividend income might have equalled employed income removing the necessity for that employment - it didn't.

I think 2020 and 2021 will have scuppered quite a few long-term plans, and of course it probably put a dent into mine to some degree, although it felt much more like 'treading water' from an overall investment-income point of view, rather than seeing any large portfolio-level income reductions, but some of that will be down to my 2019/20 top-ups taking up some of the slack in the moderate reductions some of my underlying holdings did suffer from.

It's a pain when things don't work out the way we'd hoped, of course, but are you able to at least take some solace from the fact that you've been able to witness some 'live stress testing' of your own income-investment situation over the period whilst you've still also been in paid employment, to at least give some benefit and perhaps even added confidence to your overall long-term investment and retirement plans due to the COVID-induced investment-income effects?

Like you, I'm still working, and I'm trying to take that philosophical view when I can, and I try to consider that it could have been worse from a personal point of view if, for instance, I'd have retired in 2019 and perhaps not had a working wage to compensate during that period...

For me personally, I try to consider that whilst I'm still working, and both regularly saving fresh investment capital from wages and also re-investing dividend-income as they both become available over many years, I've at least got the benefit of having now lived through two very dramatic market-periods with regards to both the global financial crash of 2007/2008 and now this COVID-induced period, and have managed to come through them relatively unscathed from both an 'emotional head-space' aspect, which is very important to me for the long-term enjoyment of the income-strategy that I have opted to use (and something I've been concerned about as the size of my investment-portfolio has increased in size over the years...), and also from a 'recorded income' aspect, which is very important to me from a 'technical' point of view, and helps me to better understand and appreciate the reliability and robustness of the strategy when it meets these types of critical market-related issues head-on...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 1st, 2021, 12:21 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:I think 2020 and 2021 will have scuppered quite a few long-term plans, and of course it probably put a dent into mine to some degree, although it felt much more like 'treading water' from an overall investment-income point of view, rather than seeing any large portfolio-level income reductions, but some of that will be down to my 2019/20 top-ups taking up some of the slack in the moderate reductions some of my underlying holdings did suffer from.

It's a pain when things don't work out the way we'd hoped, of course, but are you able to at least take some solace from the fact that you've been able to witness some 'live stress testing' of your own income-investment situation over the period whilst you've still also been in paid employment, to at least give some benefit and perhaps even added confidence to your overall long-term investment and retirement plans due to the COVID-induced investment-income effects?

I can be thankful about keeping my job and philosophical when seeing my investments fall, the decade plus trend is fine. My long term plans have stood up to the testing, I've not set a retirement date but I am still looking forward to investment income matching earned income so I can choose where I spend my time. I keep investing through thick n thin, my investment portfolio is at a high; my HYP still battered but income is recovering, like you 19/20/21 additions all helping, along with the restoration and even a few increases. As I said in my other post the covid effect highlighted the value of the cash reserve, hopefully I can apply a learned examples as to how big a pot is needed to maintain smooth income flow but it'll be a year or more before that washes. I recon a 2 year buffer could endure a halving in income that took over 4 years to recover - I like 3 years but that seems a little too pessimistic but I can probably afford it. GFC was fairly early into my investing career and I was less focussed on the fluctuation of the income, well it was much smaller, but I did keep buying. TJH said his HYP took a couple of years to recover, but that needed his attention, I'm naturally lazy with my investments and am conscious I'm as likely to make wrong as right choices.

Anecdotally my global ETFs faired better than my FTSE350 income port.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 30th, 2021, 7:01 am

Link to the June 2021 dividend thread - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29658

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”