Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Outliers

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Outliers

Postby moorfield » June 3rd, 2021, 9:52 pm

I occasionally construct new HYPs on paper from scratch when at a loose end and have done again today.
Selecting from the 350 I've picked these which I don't currently hold.

Thoughts ?

Code: Select all

|                                |                                           |  Market cap|  Yield
EVR  | Evraz                          | Industrial Metals and Mining              |  £9,414.84 |  7.69%
GCP  | GCP Infrastructure Investments | Closed End Investments                    |    £868.36 |  7.40%
PHNX | Phoenix Group Holdings         | Life Insurance                            |  £7,514.65 |  6.32%
GLO  | ContourGlobal                  | Electricity                               |  £1,282.75 |  6.03%
POLY | Polymetal International        | Precious Metals and Mining                |  £7,991.28 |  5.42%
FDM  | FDM Group (Holdings)           | Software and Computer Services            |  £1,072.22 |  4.74%
CSH  | Civitas Social Housing         | Real Estate Investment Trusts             |    £729.53 |  4.61%

Source: dividenddata.co.uk

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Re: Outliers

Postby MDW1954 » June 3rd, 2021, 10:00 pm

moorfield wrote:I occasionally construct new HYPs on paper from scratch when at a loose end and have done again today.
Selecting from the 350 I've picked these which I don't currently hold.

Thoughts ?

Code: Select all

|                                |                                           |  Market cap|  Yield
EVR  | Evraz                          | Industrial Metals and Mining              |  £9,414.84 |  7.69%
GCP  | GCP Infrastructure Investments | Closed End Investments                    |    £868.36 |  7.40%
PHNX | Phoenix Group Holdings         | Life Insurance                            |  £7,514.65 |  6.32%
GLO  | ContourGlobal                  | Electricity                               |  £1,282.75 |  6.03%
POLY | Polymetal International        | Precious Metals and Mining                |  £7,991.28 |  5.42%
FDM  | FDM Group (Holdings)           | Software and Computer Services            |  £1,072.22 |  4.74%
CSH  | Civitas Social Housing         | Real Estate Investment Trusts             |    £729.53 |  4.61%

Source: dividenddata.co.uk

PHNX I hold, quite happily. It's a zombie fund insurer. GCP I know of, and have considered. It manages one of the big student housing REITs -- DIGS, from memory, although I may be wrong on that.

MDW1954

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » June 3rd, 2021, 10:22 pm

MDW1954 wrote:

GCP I know of, and have considered. It manages one of the big student housing REITs -- DIGS, from memory, although I may be wrong on that.

The other GCP I think. This one holds a mix of Anaerobic digestion, Biomass, Solar, PFI, Supported living and Wind. Flat dividend for the last 5 years and trading at a discount to NPV. Almost looks like a high yield preference share. Sshh. :|

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » June 3rd, 2021, 11:06 pm

moorfield wrote:
MDW1954 wrote:

GCP I know of, and have considered. It manages one of the big student housing REITs -- DIGS, from memory, although I may be wrong on that.

The other GCP I think. This one holds a mix of Anaerobic digestion, Biomass, Solar, PFI, Supported living and Wind. Flat dividend for the last 5 years and trading at a discount to NPV. Almost looks like a high yield preference share. Sshh. :|

OK. GCP is Gravis Capital Partners, who have fingers in several pies. Mistakenly, that is who I thought you were referring to. Apologies.

GCP do manage DIGS, see here:

https://www.graviscapital.com/funds/gcp-student/about

Never invested, as I prefer ESP (higher yield).

I realise that I have looked at GCP infrastructure, and tend to lump it together with JLEN. I'd lost track of the yield, and will need to look at it again, but my present thinking is that I'm likely to prefer a purer 'power play' eg UKW, BSIF, FSFL etc etc.

MDW1954

BristolDave

Postby BristolDave » June 4th, 2021, 8:56 am

Normally more of a lurker than a poster but as I hold Contour Global in my HYP I thought I would respond. I have them as my utility and have held for a while now. I purchased them when there was a lot of concern about Government interference with the utility companies.

They are probably more akin to a fund in reality as they invest in power generation both renewables and thermal across the world so also offer some geographic diversification. Currently paying about 6% dividend although only about 4 years dividend history which probably won't suit a lot of people here, but on the flip side the dividend is rising each year and their contracts tend to be for long term generation which gives stability of income.

I personally think they provided me with a good alternative to the usual suspects for utilities with a bit of geographic diversification.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”