Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Vodafone - Q1 FY22 Trading Update posted on Company News.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Vodafone - Q1 FY22 Trading Update posted on Company News.

Postby idpickering » July 23rd, 2021, 7:14 am

Here; viewtopic.php?p=429818#p429818

A mainstay in my HYP, and I topped up recently. Happy to continue holding, but I'm unlikely to top up further as I've reached my self imposed max spend on any given share with VOD. I find having this 'rule' saves me from potentially grasping at falling knives.

Ian.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Vodafone - Q1 FY22 Trading Update posted on Company News.

Postby Arborbridge » July 23rd, 2021, 7:18 am

idpickering wrote:Here; viewtopic.php?p=429818#p429818

A mainstay in my HYP, and I topped up recently. Happy to continue holding, but I'm unlikely to top up further as I've reached my self imposed max spend on any given share with VOD. I find having this 'rule' saves me from potentially grasping at falling knives.

Ian.

That's an excellent reason for setting a limit - to brake one's enthusiasm - and I do the same, as you know. I topped up last week too.

I never got around to building my own yield chart of VOD, but here's the professional one:-

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... y?epic=vod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Vodafone - Q1 FY22 Trading Update posted on Company News.

Postby idpickering » July 23rd, 2021, 7:27 am

Arborbridge wrote:
idpickering wrote:Here; viewtopic.php?p=429818#p429818

Ian.

That's an excellent reason for setting a limit - to brake one's enthusiasm - and I do the same, as you know. I topped up last week too.

Thanks for your input Arb, and your fitting description regarding 'putting a brake on one's enthusiasm'. I don't mind 'grabbing a bargain', but some shares may well not be such a bargain after all, and are down in sp for good reasons, some of which that I might not be aware of. 'Buyer beware' and all that.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”