Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

RDSB additional distributions

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Adamski
Lemon Quarter

Re: RDSB additional distributions

Postby Adamski » October 5th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Who'd of thunk it this time last year, Telsa/Tech/China out of favour, fossil fuel RDSB and BP the star performers of 2021.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 5th, 2021, 3:58 pm

Adamski wrote:Who'd of thunk it this time last year, Telsa/Tech/China out of favour, fossil fuel RDSB and BP the star performers of 2021.

I got lucky. As I've mentioned on these pages a number of times recently, I topped up both oilies four times last year. tbh, they ended up so large in my HYP in capital value terms as they'd both risen in sp terms well since, that I recently top-sliced both, bringing them back to average capital value weighting. I'm happy to just sit on both now, and have no plans to buy or sell either currently.

Ian.

Adamski
Lemon Quarter

Postby Adamski » October 6th, 2021, 6:40 pm

idpickering wrote:I got lucky.

Also judgement from experience. Oil majors, ftse generally were expected to make a come back this year. Just last few weeks, oil and gas is the new crypto. Although slight pull back today.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 6th, 2021, 7:35 pm

Adamski wrote:
idpickering wrote:I got lucky.

Also judgement from experience. Oil majors, ftse generally were expected to make a come back this year. Just last few weeks, oil and gas is the new crypto. Although slight pull back today.

That’s very kind of you to say., but although I’ve been investing/HYPing for a long while, I don’t claim to be an expert believe me. 18 months ago they looked like no-brainers to me. Either way, the short term market movements don’t bother me, nor budge me from holding onto both companies shares, for the long term.

Ian.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » October 6th, 2021, 7:44 pm

I seem to recall that pyad used to show some flexibility when it came to certain sectors, like oil 'n gas, which seemed to spend long periods not being very HYP-worthy. Such that when they did approach it he would cut them some slack for the sake of the added diversity.

Chris

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 7th, 2021, 3:43 am

csearle wrote:I seem to recall that pyad used to show some flexibility when it came to certain sectors, like oil 'n gas, which seemed to spend long periods not being very HYP-worthy. Such that when they did approach it he would cut them some slack for the sake of the added diversity.

Chris

Thanks for your input Chris. I’m not PYAD, but you describe my feelings on this exactly.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”