Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Unilever 3rd Quarter Trading Statement posted on Company News.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Unilever 3rd Quarter Trading Statement posted on Company News.

Postby idpickering » October 21st, 2021, 7:20 am

Here; viewtopic.php?p=451869#p451869

Including this bit;

Third quarter highlights

· Underlying sales growth of 2.5%, with 4.1% price and (1.5)% volume

· Turnover increased 4.0%, including 1.6% from acquisitions net of disposals and (0.1)% from currency

· Quarterly shareholder dividend of €0.4268 per share, ongoing share buyback programme of €3 billion to be completed by the end of the year

And'

The Board has declared a quarterly interim dividend for Q3 2021 of £0.3598 per Unilever PLC ordinary share or €0.4268 per Unilever PLC ordinary share at the applicable exchange rate issued by WM/Reuters on 19 October 2021.

Per Unilever PLC ordinary share (traded on the London Stock Exchange): £ 0.3598

Ex div 4 Nov 21, paid 1 Dec 21.

I'm sure that most of us who frequent this board have ULVR on board our HYPs, as do I, so this should be of interest here. I do intend buying more ULVR soon.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Unilever 3rd Quarter Trading Statement posted on Company News.

Postby kempiejon » October 21st, 2021, 9:07 am

Cheers for the details Ian. Not one on my top up list though for interested incomeinvestors it looks like this is near the historically best yield available from ULVR.
That's the expected dividend amount in €. I've held ULVR 11 years and have accumulated capital, doubling my stake, but the rate of capital climb has stalled for a few years. It supplies a reglar and rising income but the average 6% inflation beating annual yoy increase stumbled - bound to be pandemic. If I'm lucky I'll get an increase in Q4 like last year though that was out of character.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 21st, 2021, 10:44 am

kempiejon wrote:Cheers for the details Ian. Not one on my top up list though for interested incomeinvestors it looks like this is near the historically best yield available from ULVR.
That's the expected dividend amount in €. I've held ULVR 11 years and have accumulated capital, doubling my stake, but the rate of capital climb has stalled for a few years. It supplies a reglar and rising income but the average 6% inflation beating annual yoy increase stumbled - bound to be pandemic. If I'm lucky I'll get an increase in Q4 like last year though that was out of character.

You're welcome kempiejon. It's because they're offering that higher yield currently that I'm thinking of topping up my holdings soon. imho, it's great to be able to buy such a market leading company as ULVR on the 'cheap', for a long term hold. Next month I'm buying more HICL though, so ULVR might get the nod in December maybe. We'll see nearer the time? It seems others are having the same idea of buying ULVR, with the sp being up over 3% as I type. ;)

Ian.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » October 21st, 2021, 11:59 am

idpickering wrote:

· Underlying sales growth of 2.5%, with 4.1% price

'But there is no inflation', so we are told!

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 21st, 2021, 12:12 pm

absolutezero wrote:
idpickering wrote:

I think we have been told but anyway the point to me is that this is Unilever's 'moat' in action, demonstrated by the pricing power they appear to have. That is the strength of the big brands companies.

Dod

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » October 21st, 2021, 12:28 pm

Dod101 wrote:
absolutezero wrote:
idpickering wrote:

I think we have been told but anyway the point to me is that this is Unilever's 'moat' in action, demonstrated by the pricing power they appear to have. That is the strength of the big brands companies.

Dod

Correct.
ULVR et al can pass on cost increases to their consumers.
A very 'Terry Smith' way of thinking.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”