Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Shell seeks shareholder approval to change Articles to implement a simplified structure posted on Company News.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Shell seeks shareholder approval to change Articles to implement a simplified structure posted on Company News.

Postby idpickering » November 15th, 2021, 7:09 am

Here; viewtopic.php?p=458059#p458059

Shell RDSB are a mainstay in my HYP, and I 'm sure that of other HYPers too, so this should be of interest here.

Ian.

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Shell seeks shareholder approval to change Articles to implement a simplified structure posted on Company News.

Postby monabri » November 16th, 2021, 7:54 am

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Shell seeks shareholder approval to change Articles to implement a simplified structure posted on Company News.

Postby Dod101 » November 16th, 2021, 8:05 am

monabri wrote:I found this an interesting read.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/dutch-go ... s-12469277

Yes nothing new in it of course but it sets the whole thing in context. I have just voted in favour. As I said yesterday morning it is one in the eye for the Dutch government.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 16th, 2021, 9:27 am

Dod101 wrote:
Yes nothing new in it of course but it sets the whole thing in context. I have just voted in favour. As I said yesterday morning it is one in the eye for the Dutch government.

Dod

Stupid question maybe, I agree with your stance Dod, but I haven't been given the opportunity to vote. Have you received an invite to vote, and if so, how? I hold Shell in my ISA held with Halifax, and haven't received any info regarding the vote, nor been asked to.

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 16th, 2021, 11:16 am

idpickering wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Dod

Stupid question maybe, I agree with your stance Dod, but I haven't been given the opportunity to vote. Have you received an invite to vote, and if so, how? I hold Shell in my ISA held with Halifax, and haven't received any info regarding the vote, nor been asked to.

Ian.

Yes Interactive Investor has been very quick off the mark and this morning posted the details in my account. I hold Shell in both my ISA and SIPP with them.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 16th, 2021, 11:40 am

Dod101 wrote:
idpickering wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Dod

Ian.

Yes Interactive Investor has been very quick off the mark and this morning posted the details in my account. I hold Shell in both my ISA and SIPP with them.

Dod

Thanks very much for coming back on this. No doubt Halifax will get their act together eventually. When they do, I will be voting in favour of the change.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 16th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Further to my comment above, for anyone else here who holds the shares with Halifax, be aware that, having just chatted with them, I was told that when they get the info, they'll be writing to you, as in old school, pen and paper! Being 60, that's more my bag, and speed anyway tbh. :D

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » November 16th, 2021, 1:51 pm

idpickering wrote:Further to my comment above, for anyone else here who holds the shares with Halifax, be aware that, having just chatted with them, I was told that when they get the info, they'll be writing to you, as in old school, pen and paper! Being 60, that's more my bag, and speed anyway tbh. :D

Ian.

For my II ISA holding I've just voted - first time I've seen anything on voting at EGMs etc at II. They sent me an email saying it was in my account and where it was. It was relatively easy. Will have to keep my eye open and see if more voting forms appear for AGMs as I've never noticed them before. For my II CREST holding I expect I'll get a paper voting card through the post shortly, as that's what happens with AGMs. I'll await some correspondence from HSDL - don't think I've received anything in the past for AGMs.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » November 16th, 2021, 3:18 pm

daveh wrote:For my II ISA holding I've just voted - first time I've seen anything on voting at EGMs etc at II. They sent me an email saying it was in my account and where it was. It was relatively easy. Will have to keep my eye open and see if more voting forms appear for AGMs as I've never noticed them before.

I had two invites one for the ISA and one for the trading a/c

ii sent a round robin a while ago asking users to exercise their voting right, I think this prompted me to change something in my account settings, and now I am getting voting 'papers'. Or at least a link to the company's own website where I have to work out what to do. It's not like voting on a corporate action where ii pre-load it all.

I must admit I didn't think my Shell shareholding made it worth the bother on such an uncontroversial matter.

V8

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » November 16th, 2021, 3:20 pm

daveh wrote:
idpickering wrote:Further to my comment above, for anyone else here who holds the shares with Halifax, be aware that, having just chatted with them, I was told that when they get the info, they'll be writing to you, as in old school, pen and paper! Being 60, that's more my bag, and speed anyway tbh. :D

Ian.

For my II ISA holding I've just voted - first time I've seen anything on voting at EGMs etc at II. They sent me an email saying it was in my account and where it was. It was relatively easy. Will have to keep my eye open and see if more voting forms appear for AGMs as I've never noticed them before. For my II CREST holding I expect I'll get a paper voting card through the post shortly, as that's what happens with AGMs. I'll await some correspondence from HSDL - don't think I've received anything in the past for AGMs.

Not sure from that whether you are aware, but you can subscribe to email notifications of shareholder votes in "personal details and preferences" on the "account" dropdown menu when logged in to II. I get so many, I'm seriously thinking about unsubscribing!

HTH

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 16th, 2021, 4:07 pm

88V8 wrote:
daveh wrote:For my II ISA holding I've just voted - first time I've seen anything on voting at EGMs etc at II. They sent me an email saying it was in my account and where it was. It was relatively easy. Will have to keep my eye open and see if more voting forms appear for AGMs as I've never noticed them before.

I had two invites one for the ISA and one for the trading a/c

ii sent a round robin a while ago asking users to exercise their voting right, I think this prompted me to change something in my account settings, and now I am getting voting 'papers'. Or at least a link to the company's own website where I have to work out what to do. It's not like voting on a corporate action where ii pre-load it all.

I must admit I didn't think my Shell shareholding made it worth the bother on such an uncontroversial matter.

V8

CryptoPlankton has got it I think because I merely went to the II website, signed in and with one click found myself able to vote on the II site.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 16th, 2021, 4:16 pm

CryptoPlankton wrote:Not sure from that whether you are aware, but you can subscribe to email notifications of shareholder votes in "personal details and preferences" on the "account" dropdown menu when logged in to II. I get so many, I'm seriously thinking about unsubscribing!

HTH

Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of it, no. I will have a look at it. Strange though then that the agent didn't mention that option, and just told me of the hard copy paper one? Mind you , I'm not with ii anyway, not sure if Halifax do something similar. I shall investigate this.

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » November 17th, 2021, 12:53 pm

I received a postal instruction yesterday evening for my CREST holding to logon to http://www.sharevote.co.uk to vote, which I have done. It was also the general meeting attendance/admittance card. So that just leaves my HSDL holding to vote.

Gersemi
Lemon Slice

Postby Gersemi » November 17th, 2021, 6:44 pm

daveh wrote:I received a postal instruction yesterday evening for my CREST holding to logon to http://www.sharevote.co.uk to vote, which I have done. It was also the general meeting attendance/admittance card. So that just leaves my HSDL holding to vote.

I got a voting form from HSDL today. I get them for all holdings whenever there is a vote, and have done ever since Unilever had the vote on locating itself in the Netherlands. I recollect that I had to ask them to send me the documentation to vote in that case, and that triggered them to send the resolutions for all my holdings ('per your standing request'). So if you don't normally receive the resolutions for AGMs etc, then it suggests you haven't set up a request, which you will need to do.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”