Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Compass Group Full Year Results announcement posted on Company News.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Compass Group Full Year Results announcement posted on Company News.

Postby idpickering » November 23rd, 2021, 7:14 am

Here; viewtopic.php?p=460224#p460224

I suspect some hereabouts hold these, so this bit will certainly be of interest;

It is proposed that a final dividend of 14.0 pence per share be paid on 28 February 2022 to shareholders on the register on 21 January 2022. No interim dividend was paid and no dividends were paid in respect of the prior year. The dividend is covered 2.1 times on an underlying earnings basis.

The final dividend of 14.0 pence will be paid gross and a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) will be available. The last date for receipt of elections for the DRIP will be 7 February 2022.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Compass Group Full Year Results announcement posted on Company News.

Postby kempiejon » November 23rd, 2021, 10:05 am

Cheers Ian,
The share price at £15 has come back from £11 in covid times but was at £20 pre pandemic. I've been buying on and off for around 10 years not usually a high yielder but occasionally a good enough yielder and the price had been on a steady upward trend for much of that time. Compass had a great record of double digit %age increase of dividends for over a decade. On dividends they've a way to go to get back to 60p per share income with only a 14p final this year but hopefully the direction and rate of travel is set right.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 23rd, 2021, 10:22 am

kempiejon wrote:Cheers Ian,
The share price at £15 has come back from £11 in covid times but was at £20 pre pandemic. I've been buying on and off for around 10 years not usually a high yielder but occasionally a good enough yielder and the price had been on a steady upward trend for much of that time. Compass had a great record of double digit %age increase of dividends for over a decade. On dividends they've a way to go to get back to 60p per share income with only a 14p final this year but hopefully the direction and rate of travel is set right.

You're welcome. I must admit that I've had an eye on CPG for what seems like years. A steady, dare I say boring company, which is the kind of share I like to hold in my HYP. I've never pulled the buy trigger though, as the yield on offer never seemed to be high enough for my taste. imho, they'd bring some welcome diversification to a portfolio though.

Ian.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » November 23rd, 2021, 10:25 am

Good to see them back paying a dividend. They were giving a steady-ish 10% annual increase until the ordure hit the fan.

I've had these since they demerged from Granada-Compass at 482p in 2001, and have been steadily taking profits as they needed trimming back, from 2008 onwards, the last being in August 2019 at £20.32. My holding is now 1/5th of the highest number held.

The IRR of my holding has been 13% since 2001, and it has long been a good performer. I shall be hanging on to them.

TJH

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”